Class of '64

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Class of '64

Postby pgirty » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:00 pm

I wanted to give a shout out to some members of the Class of '64 that I had not seen in more than 40 years - Benny Benkovic, Robert Crepeau and Silky Sullivan. It is hard to catch up in such a short time.

Robert - I looked up your wife Marie in the Preston Year Book. What a small world.

Don't forget the picnic in Congers on July 19th.

Patty Lamasney
pgirty

Re: Class of '64

Postby Joe Galvin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:07 pm

Patty,

You probably don't remember me. I'm Joe Galvin. Robert became a police office like his brother and Dad. I don't know what happened to Silky but he was always a blast. Same with Benny....lost track. I actually became a VP a Morgan Stanley running 4 of their IT departments. Then they downsized and I now run my own company in NJ. Divorced twice, have 2 sons and 2 grandsons. I'll be moving to Florida in September and hope to be living with a beautiful and kind hearted Brasilan woman. I hope that all is going great for you and that you are very happy.

Take Care,
Joe Galvin (The one whose was always in trouble with Robert, Billy Hallahan, Stanley and George Blast) The usual suspects.
Joe Galvin

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Joey,

Do you remember me, Eddie Acunzo? My mother, Betty Acunzo was best friends with your aunt, Helen Collins who also lived in my building at 1576 Taylor Ave. Me, you and Henry Fernandez hooked up on a wild "joint venture" during the early seventies and made a couple of thousand dollars together, do you remember? Believe it or not Henry and I remained close friends throughout life, though he died of a heart attack about ten years ago. He was a regional meat manager for the A&P, owned a house in upstate New York, and had a wife and kids.

I live in New Orleans, built a career for myself as a quality assurance manager at an international chemical company, raised a son, have a granddaughter, and I'm happily married and retired. It feels like I've lived two or three life times. I recently saw a confirmation picture of my brother, Tom (deceased), my cousin, George (retired on L.I.), and your brother, Jimmy and remembered you when we were kids. I actually thought we were cousins when we were little kids.

Best wishes,

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby pgirty » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Dear Joey:

It is great to see you on line. I remember you very well. I am so glad that everything has worked out so well for you.

I was also married twice - first to Alan Cohen (who I'm sure you remember) and then later to my son's father. I am not a grandmother yet but my son just got married in October so maybe in a year or two.

My sister Mary and my brother Martin live in Manhattan. I've been working for a travel magazine for 27 years.

We have a neighborhood reunion in the summer - July 11th this year in Congers.

P.S. Alan became a councilman in Monterrey California. Patty
pgirty

Return to Stratton Park