True Confessions

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

True Confessions

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:54 pm

Well, boys and girls, its been a million a years anyway, so who cares now. Even if you married someone from Stratton Park, but had a puppy love crush on someone else before them, does it really matter now all these years later? Let's get this party started and cut the meat a little closer to the bone. Who did you have your first neighborhood crushes on, secret or otherwise? Come on, be bold and a little bit daring. Unrequited love is a painful thing. It might be a little bit embarassing, but it will also be fun and will get the old juices flowing. Anyway, most of you were raised Catholic, and we all know that confession is good for the soul, isn't it? If not, it will certainly be good for a few laughs, and maybe a few surprises. I'll start it off. Three early ones come to mind for me.

Jeannie Murphy from kindergarten, Mary White from grammar school, and Pam Werner from my building. Kathleen Kelly and Florie Werner don't you tell on me!

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Lydia58 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:16 am

Well, let's see. My very first crush I can recall was on Kenny Phelan from Beach Ave. He was in 2nd grade, I was in 1st. Since then, I've always had a soft spot for tall, lanky blondes. Other neighborhood crushes include: Raymond Schenke, Louie Fiermonte & of course Andre Diasparra, although I don't think that would technically be a crush, more of an abduction.
Lydia Beatty-Cottiers
Lydia58

Postby Mike Durkin » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:31 pm

I think my first crush ,if my memory serves me correct, was Lorreta Piero, Joey Piero's little sister. there was also a girl by the name of roxanne that lived by ST> ANTHONYS. My first kiss was Darlene Hill in kenny stieningers basement.
Mike Durkin

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:08 pm

O.K. OLD & NEW FRIENDS,

HERE IS MY CONFESSION. MY 1ST CRUSH WAS MICHAEL ROONEY FROM 1512 BEACH AVE. I KNOW BOBBY ROTH WILL TEASE ME & SAY IT WAS SHIMIN LIPSCHITZ. BUT THAT'S BECAUSE BOBBY HAD TO SAVE ME FROM SHIMIN, OR DID SCHIMIN SAVE ME FROM BOBBY?BOBBY, I HAVE FORGIVEN YOU FOR SLAPPING ME.WHEN WE WERE TODDLERS.MY 1ST BOYFRIEND WAS "LITTLE JOHN". WE PLAYED THE DATING GAME IN THE LOTS. SUSAN SICA WAS THE EMCEE. HE BOUGHT ME A "MUSHROOM RING" FOR 10 CENTS FROM THE MACHINE. BUT MY 1ST MAJOR CRUSH FOR MANY YEARS WAS EDDIE DIEHL. FROM THE TIME THAT WE LIVED AT 1512 & 1516. BUT OUR MOM'S WERE FRIENDS & I WAS ALWAYS SHY (YES I WAS SHY, WHEN IT CAME TO BEING AROUND EDDIE)HE PROBABLY THOUGHT I DISLIKED HIM, CAUSE I NEVER HAD A CONVERSATION WITH HIM, OR LOOK IN HIS DIRECTION,GROWING UP.I THINK I HAD A CRUSH ON HIM TILL I WAS ABOUT 15. I ALWAYS WISHED THAT HIS MOM WOULD SEND HIM, TO PICK UP ANY ALTERATIONS, THAT MY MOM DID FOR HER. BUT SHE & HER SISTERS ALWAYS CAME. MOM WOULD HAVE THE COFFEE READY & THEY WOULD GAB FOR HOURS. IT SEEMS LIKE THAT WAS 100 YEARS AGO. THIS FEELS SO FUNNY TO ADMIT IT NOW! SO SOMEONE ELSE SHARE THEIR STORY.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby lisa luciano » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:48 pm

my first crush was on a poor soul named ferdinand rios. he lived at 1500 noble ave and i was in "love" with him for all eight years of grammar school. everyone who knew me teased me about my love for ferdinand and he just tried to avoid me as much as possible. my next crush was a poor soul named charles pinella who lived right by the school. again everyone who knew me knew of my "obsession" for him. again he did his best to avoid me although i did get him to go to my senior prom with me. of course the real reason he went was because his good friend was going with my good friend and they were older than everyone else so this way they could have someone to talk to. it was nice even if though it was just a pity date. my last crush in the neighborhood was on kevin "bugs" clark. i just love tall blondes and he was the tallest cutest guy around. oh those were the days, all that heartbreak and rejection.
lisa luciano

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Finally this thread is getting a few brave souls. Come on in folks, the water is fine. It's fun, and it's ancient history anyway. Think of the interesting conversations it will start at the next Mud Bowl.

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Julie (Luciano) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:12 pm

Well since my sister was brave enough to post I figured I'd join in as well. In 2nd grade I was mad for Anthony Fabiano but by 5th grade he was replaced in my heart by Jerry Maggio and then Brendan MacCormack.
My first real "love" (and first real kiss) was PJ Donoghue - we "dated" but in the end he broke my heart :(

By the way Lisa, you looked lovely when you went to your prom- Charles was lucky to go with you!
Julie (Luciano)

Postby Julie (Luciano) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:13 pm

Well since my sister was brave enough to post I figured I'd join in as well. In 2nd grade I was mad for Anthony Fabiano but by 5th grade he was replaced in my heart by Jerry Maggio and then Brendan MacCormack.
My first real "love" (and first real kiss) was PJ Donoghue - we "dated" but in the end he broke my heart :(

By the way Lisa, you looked lovely when you went to your prom- Charles was lucky to go with you!
Julie (Luciano)

Postby tayloravegirl » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:52 pm

I grew up on taylor avenue from 1976 to 1986. I went to St. Anthony's school when St. Catherine Mulvey was principal. I would have to say my first crush was on my next door neighbor, victor. We were boyfriend/girlfriend but we would fight so often that we would break up 5-6 times a day. There was one boy in the neighborhood that I had an enormous crush on, John Scales. I would even offer to buy him off his father but needless to say, he would never sell him. I my would even write my first name with his last name all over my school books. This is a great site. Let's keep it going!!!!!!!!
Taylor Avenue #1
tayloravegirl

Return to Stratton Park