Looking for the Joey and Jimmy Galvin

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Looking for the Joey and Jimmy Galvin

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:11 pm

I was looking at some old photos recently and saw some old confirmation pictures of my brother,Tom with my cousin, George and Jimmy Galvin. Jimmy and Joey Galvin, who was much closer to me in age, were nephews of one of my mother's best friends, Helen Collins, who lived in our building on Taylor. I was probably a teenager before I found out that Joey and Jimmy were not actually cousins of ours, that's how close we were when we were kids. I haven't seen or heard from them in over forty years. Does anyone know the whereabouts or fates of the Galvin brothers from lower Beach Ave.?
Eddie Acunzo

Re: Looking for the Joey and Jimmy Galvin

Postby C. McLoughlin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:50 am

I know the Galvin Bros...
Spoke to joe on the phone about 6 months ago... we email each other about once a month.
Joe is living in New Jersey somewhere ( anything on the other side of the Hudson River)
I will email joe the link to this site.
I think Jimmy is living in California.
C. McLoughlin

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Please say hello to Joey Galvin for Eddie Acunzo (Imfifty@AOL.COM). He was the nephew of Helen Collins, who was my mother's best friend. Does he remember the "misdeed" he performed with Henry Fernandez and I in our early twenties? Got a picture of Jimmy, my brother, Tom and my cousin, George (Acunzo) all making their confirmation at St. Anthony's. C., what's your first name?

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby C. McLoughlin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:48 pm

My first name is Chris.
I knew Henry Fernandez Too. My brother Pete, and Joe were very tight.
My brother Pete's Girl friend, Was Michelle Scott, who later married Tommy Steed (me and Tommy were tight).
I knew Joe's girlfriend, Nanette, Jimmy's girlfriend, Pat Clark.
I probably know you too, but the name doesn't ring a bell.

Other people I knew:
Artie Marconi
Gigi Quinn
Pete Deseverio
Joe Piero
Ronny Pepe
I could go on and on.
C. McLoughlin

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Chris,

I knew all of the people that fall into your classification "other people I used to know" but also don't recall your name. Based on the people we both know, we had to know each other. How old are you? I'm 56, about to turn 57. Unfortunately, in my wayward youth I used to hang out with many of the people you mention and share many hair-raising escapades with all of these folks. Send me an e-mail address. Mention me to Joey Galvin. We did some eyebrow-raising stuff together. Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby C. McLoughlin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi Ed,
here is my email:
cmcloughlin1@frontiernet.net
C. McLoughlin

Return to Stratton Park