this year's picnic. 7/19

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

this year's picnic. 7/19

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:56 pm

hello old & new friend,
have recently been recoverying, from some minor surgery. so i need to know, some things. who is bringing what, to the picnic? maybe if we share on this message page. we won't have a repeat from last year. i am hopefully going to try & make the picnic. will probably bring sausage,peppers & onions.(my last year's dish) will let you all know for sure, a few days before. if my doctor & hubby allow me to make the trip. am hoping to be better so that i can do the grilling & enjoy talking w/ everyone. just like last year. our dearest "blonde angel", cathy meredino, has suggested talking w/ friends, that u may be driving with. to see what they are bringing, too. i know i enjoyed seeing some old friends. as well as making some new ones. especially my grilling guardian angel, tony, who made me laugh, even when the wind was blowing the bbq's smoke in my face. so if you know what you would like to bring. please share it w/ the rest of us.
remember to pray for our soldiers, that are fighting now, for this country. have a happy & safe 4th of july.
marie
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Cathy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:53 pm

Yes, the annual Archer Street barbeque is coming up quickly...just about 2 weeks away. I think the notice for the event will be posted on this website shortly. I know there were several people at the St Anthonys Reunion who said that while they usually don't make it to the picnic, they intend to be there this year. That's fantastic. Those of us "regulars" love to see new additions as well as those who only show up from time to time. Those of you out there who have siblings who may not have attended in the past, please remind them that we would love to see them join in the fun. It's just great to speak with neighborhood people of all ages . One thing is for sure, no matter who and how many show up, we always have a fantastic time. So please, don't be shy, we would love to see you. Many thanks to Donald Metscher who started and continued this event for oh so many years. This year he was again able to secure the Pavillion, so people can stay cool out of the sun if they chose. Marie-Elena, you are recovering from some minor surgery, so please don't push yourself to be the Barbeque Queen this year...just take it easy and enjoy. The important thing is that you show up. Unless someone really enjoys manning (womanning?) the barbeque, people can just use the barbeque to heat/cook the food they bring.

Regarding the food, there has always been much too much. Everyone is so generous with what they are willing to share with others. The people I come with usually bring hot dogs and hamburgers. While there may not be enough to feed everyone, there is always lots to share with many. I'm concerned this year because Buggsy and I usually bring a few coolers. We have to cut down on that this year because we do not have room for so much in our car anymore, so I am just hoping that there is lots of ice around.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on July 19. Please spread the word. By the way, I understand that one of our Archer Streeters may need a ride to and from Co-op City. Please feel free to contact me if you think you can oblige. Cheers to all.
Cathy
Cathy

Postby Frank Simone 2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:48 am

Marie-Elena

Please let me know if I can cook...... I want to make it easier for you to come to the picnic I can make the sausage and Pepers (it may not as be as good as yours but we do shop at the same pork store in the Bronx and I am one of the few Italian's from Archer Street) I do not mind making it. Just let me know one day before so I can order the sausage ahead of time
. I rather have you attend the party then cook the night before. I was going to make a tray of something anyway so just let me know.

Any word of any of the crowd we know coming...

Hope to see you there you cn always e-mail me at my office MMP&S in WP

fsimone@milbermakris.com

0r call me (office- 914-681-8700)
Frankie (Pioneer Archer Street 70's 80's)
Frank Simone 2

Return to Stratton Park