Congers picnic

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Congers picnic

Postby JohnTell » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

I just got word that the surprise guest who was a "no-show" at the St Anthony's 100th reunion is going to be making an appearance at the Congers picnic on 7/19...you don't want to miss this, believe me...<;~)

As Big John used to say, "...Be there or be square..."

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby Kathleen » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:49 pm

John,

as you know, I won't be able to make the picnic. I'll be going to MT for my daughter's wedding! So I think you should tell me ahead of time, I promise I won't say a word.

Kathleen
Kathleen

Postby JohnTell » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:05 am

Kathleen...I hope you have a wonderful time at your daughters wedding...<:~)

Sorry Kathleen, but the only one with a high enough security clearance to reveal the identity of the "Surprise Mystery Guest" is the man in charge of Grand Central Station...perhaps he can help you out...<;~)
JohnTell

Postby Kathleen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:28 am

Thanks for the advice, John. I'll give Jack a call today.
Kathleen

Postby JohnTell » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Kathleen...very good...that one actually did cause me to "laugh out loud"... :D

I'm sure Harry will get a kick out that one too...<;~)

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:43 am

HELLO ALL,
BESIDES HAVING A FEW SURPRIZE VISITORS. AM GLAD TO HEAR A LOT OF SPECIAL PEOPLE ARE COMING TO THE PICNIC BUT A SPECIAL FRIEND OF MINE, JUST EMAILED ME. HE WANTED TO KNOW IF ANY OF THE YOUNGER "KIDS" ARE COMING TO THE PICNIC! SINCE SOME PEOPLE, LIKE , JOHN T. & I ARE "SANDWICH KIDS", WE ARE HAPPY TO SEE EVERY ONE AT THE PICNIC. BUT A FEW OTHERS WERE WONDERING IF ANYONE UNDER 50, IS SHOWING UP?

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS I HAVE BEEN SO LUCKY TO HAVE MADE NEW FRIENDS AT THE "MUDBOWLS" AND LAST YEAR'S PICNIC. TO THE VERY SPECIAL LADY, WHO MADE A PACK WITH ME LAST YEAR TO QUIT SMOKING. WHO'S NAME I HAVE FORGOTTEN (PLEASE FORGIVE ME) I HAVEN'T HAD A CIGARETTE, IN A LONG WHILE, HOW ABOUT YOU? AM NOT THRILLED ABOUT THE PICTURE POSTED OF ME, ON THE HOME PAGE, FROM LAST YEAR'S PICNIC! HAVE SOME WONDERFUL NEW FRIENDS. LINDA HALL, MATTY, PATSY, CATHY & BUGGSY MEREDINO & TONY, MY GRILLING "ANGEL". JUST TO NAME A FEW. SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO COME NEXT SATURDAY. BUT CONCERNED ON WHO WILL BE THERE? STOP WORRYING. MAYBE YOU WILL RUN INTO AN OLD FRIEND OF ONE OF YOUR SIBLINGS. PERHAPS, AN OLD NEIGHBOR. OR MAKE SOME NEW /OLD FRIENDS FROM THE NEIGHBORHOOD. I AM GOING TO TRY MAKE IT, TO THE PICNIC. BRINGING MY SAUSAGES & DESSERTS. IF THERE ARE ANY REQUEST FOR SOMETHING SWEET. JUST LET ME KNOW. I MAY BRING IT TOO! SO I HOPEFULLY WILL SEE YOU BY THE GRILL (MY FAVORITE SPOT).SEE YOU NEXT WEEK. MARIE
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi to all:

Marie, John T. and everyone. Just a quick hello and wanted to wish everyone a great time at the picnic. Fred and I can't attend we have our little granddaughters FIRST B-day on the 19th. We also have my son Fred Jr.'s b-day (same day), My Mom's 84th and we are having a big family get together with in-laws etc. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the mudbowl last year because I got to see so many faces I haven't seen in sooooo long. Mary-ann Murray (Hi Hon), meeting up with Marie and John T. and my old pals Claire, Betty, Denise, Cathy, Bugsy, Jimmy, Tommy Bargalow, Tommy Doran, Collette, Angela, my Linda, Matty - I could go on all day Love You all and those I met and haven't named. We were hoping to get to the picnic but doesn't seem like it will work out. My next shot is for the mudbowl again :lol: We'll see.... :roll: With our luck there will be a blizzard :lol: Hope you all have a great time and please know this board and the events are important to keep up and running because you never know what old face or memory you will suddenly remember and hear from.

John T. I would ask you to tell me who the mystery guest is too, but as I gather , if you told me you would have to kill me :lol:
Regards and Best To all Always,

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Congers

Postby Frank Simone 2 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:56 am

Hi it's Frank Simone (from Pioneer Days) I was on of the people who have
e-mailed Maria-elena in hopes that some of the "under 50 crowed who are probibly over 50 now crowed " coming as well.

I live in Nyack and am not far at all from Congers Lake. It was great seeing some of my old friends last year and meeting some others that I knew just from hanging on archer Street. I visit it often and it just brings me back in time.

I hope to see you soon and willtry and reach out to Debbie Mankowski and a few others now that I have been able to log back on to the site.
Frankie (Pioneer Archer Street 70's 80's)
Frank Simone 2

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:00 am

HELLO FRIENDS,

HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL? I AM GETTING MYSELF "MENTALLY" READY FOR THE PICNIC. NOT TOO SURE ABOUT THE REST OF ME. BUT NEED TO KNOW. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ON WHAT DESSERTS THEY MAY BRING? I AM TRYING TO DECIDE & NEED TO GO SHOPPING FOR SUPPLIES. BUT I DON'T WANT TO BRING SOMETHING, THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS BRINGING. I AM LOOKING FOWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE AGAIN & MAYBE SOME NEW FRIENDS TOO. MARIE
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Cathy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi M-E,

A bunch of us are trying to coordinate a little and I know one person is bringing dessert...a cake or something like that. ..but I don't think anything fancy. Don't worry about duplicating. Just bring something you like, so if there is leftovers you can just bring it home. I think you already said that you may bring sausage and peppers. Don't get carried away, there are always goodies around to be shared.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone. It is always such a good time. If you're even thinking about coming for the first time...as the Nike ads used to say "Just Do It." You will see that you are most welcomed by your Archer Street friends. Just stop by and stay as long as you want...it's just a bunch of people hanging out and having a few laughs.

Hopefully those who are attending the wedding of Jimmy and Pat Carolan's daughter the night before will be hardy enough to continue the good time on Saturday.

I'm sorry to hear the Abbamonte's can't make it this year, but family matters call. Frank Simone, we would love to see you again. You can bring your younger friends with you, or just hang out again with us "oldies." When we are with our friends, we all feel kinda young again.

Here's to a great time on Saturday. Many thanks to Donald Metscher for continuing this tradition and booking the pavillion again. Cheers to all.
Cathy

Congers Picnic

Postby Frank Simone 2 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:36 am

Marie-Elena

Please let me know if I can cook...... I want to make it easier for you to come to the picnic I can make the sausage and Pepers (it may not as be as good as yours but we do shop at the same pork store in the Bronx and I am one of the few Italian's from Archer Street) I do not mind making it. Just let me know one day before so I can order the sausage ahead of time
. I rather have you attend the party then cook the night before. I was going to make a tray of something anyway so just let me know.

Any word of any of the crowd we know coming...

Hope to see you there you cn always e-mail me at my office MMP&S in WP

fsimone@milbermakris.com

0r call me (office- 914-681-8700)
Frankie (Pioneer Archer Street 70's 80's)
Frank Simone 2

Return to Stratton Park