ANOTHER WONDERFUL STRATTONPARK GET TOGETHER

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

ANOTHER WONDERFUL STRATTONPARK GET TOGETHER

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:23 pm

HELLO OLD AND NEW FRIENDS,
JUST CAME HOME FROM HAVING A WONDERFUL TIME AT CONGER'S LAKE. 1ST I WANT TO THANK DON AND HIS WIFE CHRIS. FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK, GETTING THIS TOGETHER FOR ALL OF US. 2ND TO MY BUDDY CATHY MEREDINO.THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN THERE. THANKS FOR THE GREAT PINA COLADAS. I HATE RUM, BUT ENJOYED THE DRINK.MY FRIEND FRANK SIMONE, FOR MAKING ME LAUGH AND FOR THE DELICIOUS CHILI. BUGGSY, FOR HELPING ME W/ MY GRILLING. ALSO JOSEPHINE MY ASSISTANT, WHO HELPED ME WITH THE 1ST ROUND OF HOTDOGS AND HAMBURGERS. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE DONALD & ELLE DIEHL. AS WELL AS KEVIN CLARK. I'M SO GLAD TO HAVE SEEN HIS SITER, WHO ENJOYED MY STORY OF THE 1ST TIME WE MET. CLAIRE, BEAUTIFUL AS EVER. BETTY, DENICE & ALL THE OTHER WONDERFUL WOMEN, THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT. JOHN TELL, ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO SEE YOU. RICKY MILLS, THANKS FOR THE STORIES. LINDA MY SWEETIE-BUDDY. I LOVE THE NEW ADDITION TO YOUR FAMILY. IF I DIDN'T MENTION YOUR NAME, PLEASE FORGIVE ME. AM A BIT TIRED. IT WAS A LONG DAY & AN ENJOYABLE ONE. WISH SOME OTHER SPECIAL FRIENDS WERE THERE. MAYBE NEXT YEAR. ONCE AGAIN, THANKS EVERYBODY FOR A WONDERFUL DAY AND FOR MAKING MY HUSBAND RICH FEEL COMFORTABLE.
MARIE-ELENA
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Hi there

Postby Linda Hall » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:25 pm

Hi Marie I have to say I agree with you on many of the things you said..I too would like to thank all who are involved with the arrangements of the picnic.A great job..I see you too are deserving of a hand there..You did a fine job as far as I could see and what I hear..Well I did my best to get there not the time I wanted but the main thing is I made it..I was so glad I did..I almost gave up at one point as it was getting late and thought it might start to rain..But I made it and so glad I did to see you and all the rest of the girls and guys was so very nice.Again I wish I had more time but I did have a chance to say hi and see all those familiar faces and have a chat.I did better this time even though I did not have more time.Can you believe that?What I mean is getting to say a few words to more than just one or two.O I see in your post I missed Ellie and Donald darn.Anyway yes my new family member fit right in..Well I too would love to name all the folks but you all know who you are thank you too for any of your input.I sure appreciate it...And Pretty you still are the best of the best in this whole wide world..Annie thanks too for all your words of wisdom.Cathy for your email of encouragement to get me to go thanks...Bugs your the best and your sis too..Betty wove ya.Hope to see you soon..So many names I did not forget you ok Mary L.Patty L. by the way please have my pal Martin send me a hello will ya..I am so tired myself so if I left out your name please forgive me will ya..Thanks and see you all soon.Your friend from Stratton Linda 8)
Linda Hall

Postby Cathy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:44 pm

M.E.,

You beat me to it. We all wanted to thank you formally for all your work today at the grill on one of the hottest days of the year. You certainly deserved the standing ovation you got later in the day. And thanks to Rich for getting you to the park and for hanging out with people he didn't know all too well, especially in light of his being in considerable back pain.

Well, despite the heat, we all seemed to have a wonderful time. There are just so many great characters from that neighborhood and this event is just one more occasion to enjoy their company. There are always surprises with just who shows up, and today's newest attendee was Candy Girl, Linda Hall's new maltese puppy. Linda obviously has taught this little girl how to make an entrance. Not only did Candy Girl have a bow in her hair, but she was wearing pink sneakers! Yes, that's right, the puppy was wearing pink sneakers! It was sooooooooooo adorable! We will be sure to post pictures.

Thanks to Donald and Chris Metscher for continuing the tradition of this barbeque. It is a great way to bring us together. Also special mention to adorable Annie Tell who pound-for-pound is the strongest woman I have every met. She demonstrated her brawn by helping so many bring their things to their cars...and she always took on the heaviest stuff. John, you better watch your step...I wouldn't want you to get on her bad side.

I don't want to get in to particulars of the great time I had with each of you, because I am sure to forget to mention some people. However, to those who were there...it was a joy to see you all.

Cheers,
Cathy
Cathy

not to be forgotten

Postby Linda Hall » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:19 am

Well leave it to me.I had it in my post but in doing a change I left it out.Last but certainly not least the Barbato family,Tony,Cookie and Joyce.As you all know they are Vinny's sister's and Tony who is his brother in law..Vinny was missed but there is always next time. Cookie I hope your leg is getting better,Tony you are feeling better and Joyce what can I say you are so much fun and funny.I hope you all can make another one..To a great family all the best lol 8)
Linda Hall

Postby Frank Simone 2 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:30 am

Marie-Elena, It was so nice to see you there today even thou we didn't spend a lot of time your husband seems like a great guy... You always do such a great job and I am just sorry I didn't taste the S&P but after Donald Dehil not recognizing me because I an no longer 140 lbs. I thought I could do without them I am just glad he didn't see me at 210.

Please apologize to Tony I did want to talk with him I said Hello to him and then goodbye if you have his e-mail send me it so I can apologize myself as well.

It was a great get together, I am sorry I didn't get around to talk to everyone more, but I had 30+ years to catch up on with Donald & Elli, in the morning and then another 30+ with Cathy and Bugzy Clark, So I do want to apologize to everyone for not being that social. Thank you to everyone for always making me feel welcome and to those who always doing such a great job.

It is funny I know I am getting old when instead of brining a case of beer to a picnic I bring a case of water and what's worse is...... you even have some left over!
But like I told Donald I think half the times on Archer I don't remember because of having too many beers.So I guess water is the next step.

I was glad I did get around a little and did talk to some.... you all really are a great bunch of people and it is so nice to see that you all get together a few times a year. I met some new people and saw some old ones from last year. Donald and Chris you all do a great job getting this organized,Cathy & Bugzy and their whole crew for always making me feel welcome, and I was so nice to see John Tell and his wife again after meeting them in Nyagra Falls three years ago. Of course I got to see a lot of others as the picnic was breaking up and realized who they were and wished I had more time to talk with them ( I hope next time)

Sorry Jimmy Benny, nor Sue S i was hoping they would be there.

It was so great to talk with Donald and Elli I can not believe they are grandparents but after seeing pictures of their children and grandchildren I can see why they are so proud of saying that they are. Elli....Miss Miller would be proud of your Donald now. (Thanks for the laughs I forgot half the stories of the Pioneer days)... I hope we can get together sooner then the Mud Bowl.

Cathy and Kevin ooh it was like going back in time seeing both of you, You both look great... It was nice remembering all we talked about, I forgot I did your wedding flowers back in the day when I had the business. It was great talking about your mom and dad and the party's at your house as well as you expanding my horizons with Ralph finding new bars out of Archer Street like The Kings Pen even thou we didn't belong there we fit in well, you with you Lilly white skin and me well at least I had a tan ( I am so glad I remembered the name of the bar) Bugzy thanks for reminding me of all the guys I so did forget naming the guys really made me think even deeper and remember times I really forgot. Thanks for the compliment remembering my "Kool car" I wish i had it now. Now I have a another cool car it is just a little harder getting in and out of it.
I would love to get together with you and your brother Mike one day maybe you can bring your fishing pole and him to the lake and share a few "waters"

Linda Hall always great seeing you and you look great as usual sorry I didn't get a chance to see Candy Girl.

Anyway I apologize if I left anyone out but It is so hard to name all the great people I saw yesterday I am glad I was a part of the day.
Thanks Again for a great Day,
Frank Simone
( Skinny Frankie) (not so Skinny anymore)
Frankie (Pioneer Archer Street 70's 80's)
Frank Simone 2

I'm sorry I missed it

Postby Lydia58 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:47 pm

The 2008 Picnic once again snuck up on me without warning. I had to work so I probably wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. I was in The Bronx Friday and got to spend a little time in Jimmy Ryan's with Joy & John Long , my sister Lori Beatty & my Uncle Rudy (a retired Parkchester cop ((beeper)). Well, hopefully I'll see you you all next year. Marie, I'm glad you're feeling better. Enjoy the rest of your summer. Sounds like it was a lot of fun!
Lydia Beatty-Cottiers
Lydia58

Postby JohnTell » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:49 pm

MarieElena...thank you so much for your yeoman like performance over that hot grill...

You sure grill quite a BUBBA BURGER BABAY!!!

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby JohnTell » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:54 am

I forgot to express my thanks to a few people for another great picnic...thanks to Chris and Donald and also to their committee, Cathy M...

Cathy get working on that cruise, Patty Flynn(Cooke) told me she will be on the committee with you...<;~)

And last but not least I want to thank the "Mystery Guset" for showing up and making this a most memorable experience for all who attended...you were unbelievable!!!

JohnTell

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:35 am

Hello all - sorry Mike and I couldn't attend. Too many other family events going on at the same time. It's sounds like you all had a blast - and I am dying to know - who was the mystery guest?
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby JohnTell » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Sorry Marion, and apologies to the hundreds who have emailed me for the identity of "The Mystery Guest"...

As per his/her request, only those who were in attendance are privy to said identity...

Again, I'm sorry...<:~(

I bet some who were in attendance don't even know the identity of "The Mystery Guest"...<:~)

JohnTell

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 pm

So, John, I see you are playing hardball on this one. I will have to find someone else who will spill the beans! Anyone out there willing to blab?
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby Tom Anderson » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:28 pm

A triple great day!!!!! Great Friends -- Great Food -- Great Weather

What more could you ask for. A great(another one) big THANKS to Don and Chris for making this possible, also to Cathy who makes everyone feel welcome, even if she didn't like you growing up, as well as providing jello shots and I hear fantastic Pina Coladas. To Marie-Elena who is the "house" cook, you continue to do an amazing stint at the grill regardless of the heat. I hope you got some rest when you arrived at home. Feel better. Everyone is special, that's what makes our neighborhood so unique.

John, unless I was the mystery guest, I along with Marion and everybody else don't have any idea who the "phantom" was.

In all seriousness, Laura and I had a terrific time and look forward to seeing each of you soon.

Take care, keep the wind at your back and I'll keep piping.

Tommy A
Tom Anderson

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Was Candy Girl the mystery guest? Sounds like she was quite a hit.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Congers Lake

Postby benny » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:07 pm

Sorry I missed the picnic this year, summer weekend are always quite hectis with the kids. Had tickets to the Red Bulls game against Beckham. My son's travel soccer team got to play at halftime on the filed (slpit squad 7 verses 7). Their game was better then Beckham. Sorry that I missed everybody, especially Linda H, Kathy and Bugs Clark and Frankie Pioneer
benny

Hi

Postby Linda Hall » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:01 am

Hi to you all out there and who has mentioned the picnic.Yes it was a nice time.I have to say again just wish I was able to get there earlier.Well what ya gonna do.The time spent was good anyway.Marion,I wish you could of made it but sounds like you had a big day.You and Mike must of been so proud of your son.I hope you enjoyed the game too.Hi,benny well I see you could not make it either.I wish you could of made it also.I do hope to see you both again soon.O and Marion I am certain Candy girl was not the mystery guest but she did make a hit like you said.She is a real social butterfly. She even had to get dressed up to meet the friends.Next time you must bring Woffer.Marion I can tell you she was not the mystery guest.Will the real mystery guest please stand up.Well to all a great week and try and stay cool all the best..P.S Benny,Martin was going to go but also could not make it.Like I had said before next time.To all Stratton Park friends have a great summer and like Tom was saying may blessings be with ya. 8)
Linda Hall

Next

Return to Stratton Park