memories of taylor avenue 1976-1986

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

memories of taylor avenue 1976-1986

Postby tayloravegirl » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:01 pm

:roll: I lived on Taylor Avenue from 1976-1986. I went to St. Anthony's School. I played almost every day at PS 102 Park. I think they were the best times of my live but I just never knew it. I would love to hear from anyone who lived there during that time or went to St. Anthony's School. What are your favorite memories? My favorite memory was every 4th of July and watching the fireworks. :D
Taylor Avenue #1
tayloravegirl

Postby Lydia58 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:14 pm

I lived on Leland Ave, but hung out in 102 Park. I moved out of the neighborhood in 1981. You don't say how old you are. I'm assuming you're a bit younger than me. I graduated from high school in 1976. I didn't go to St. Anthony's but most of my friends did. My name is Lydia. What's yours?
Lydia Beatty-Cottiers
Lydia58

Postby tayloravegirl » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:28 pm

:wink: Lydia, I was 10 when I moved to taylor ave. & you would have been 18 so I doubt out paths would have crossed. But I like to hear from some one who lived around taylor ave. I think this website is fantastic. Do you remember the deli on the corner of Archer Street right across from PS102. They had the greatest fishcakes. I have never been able to get ones that taste the same. I look to hearing from some more people with some more memories. :P
Taylor Avenue #1
tayloravegirl

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:03 pm

Lydia, I am surprised we did not cross paths over the years as it appears we are the same age and both lived on Leland. (1442 Leland 1962-1983). But I did have several good friends who lived on the 1500 block. You must have known the Vizards (Rosemary was in my class) - also Margaret Fitzgerald and Maryanne Pasanesi were all in my St. Anthony's class for most of my eight years. Did you hang out with them at all?
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby irishgirl2 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:15 am

Hi I went to St.Anthonys school from 1971 to 1973. I then moved out of the area with my family. I had lived on Commonwealth Ave in the apartment complex. My grandparents lived on Merill St. I am looking for someone who lived possibily on the corner of Beach and Taylor Ave. Her name was Lisa Schneider (spelling)? I think her sibilings at the time were Susan and maybe Frank? We attended St Anthonys school together. I think we stayed in touch with until about 1975 then I don't know what happenned. I would really like to find her. She was my first friend! I know someone must know something as there are many people on this site who lived in that area.
irishgirl2

Hello

Postby irishgirl2 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Looking to get in touch with Taylor Ave girl that now resides in Ireland. I attended St. Anthonys school and I was born in 1965. I hope you get this message as you might be able tohelp me with my search
irishgirl2

The 70s Generation

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Irishgirl, just my opinion, but I think most people who graduated in the 1970s and are in their early or mid 40s, are not old enough to feel nostalgic about St. Anthony's yet. So you may not be able to locate your friend now but in a few years she may come around. This was more or less reflected at the reunion where there were only a handful of people who graduated in the 1970s.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:35 pm

DEAR IRISHGIRL,
DON'T GIVE UP HOPE. I LIVED ON BEACH AVE UNTIL 1982. YES YOU ARE A FEW YEARS YOUNGER, THAN MY FRIEND LYDIA & MYSELF. BUT I HAVE FOUND RELATIVES OF OLD FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS ON THIS SITE. WHO HAVE HELPED ME GET TOGETHER WITH SOME WONDERFUL PEOPLE FROM MY PAST. ALSO I HAVE MADE SOME WONDERFUL NEW FRIENDS. WHO ARE A FEW YEARS OLDER, THAN I AM. DON'T GIVE UP. SOMEONE MAY RECALL WHO YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. MARION IS CORRECT. MOST OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, ARE A FEW YEARS OLDER THAN YOU. SO THEY ARE A BIT MORE NOSTALGIC AND OR SENTIMENTAL. BUT THAT IS WHAT THIS SITE IS ALL ABOUT. REACHING OUT AND FINDING OLD FRIENDS AND SHARING WONDERFUL MEMORIES. IT IS NICE TO SEE A NEW NAME ON THIS SITE. SOMEONE WITH YOUNGER MEMORIES, THAN MINE. I'M SURE THERE ARE A FEW OTHERS, OUT THERE READING SOME OF THE POSTINGS AND WONDERING WHERE THE YOUNGER STRATTONPARK KIDS ARE? SINCE WE WERE RAISED IN A LARGE CATHOLIC NEIGHBORHOOD. SOME FAMILIES HAD MORE THAN 4 OR 5 KIDS. SO THERE CAN BE AN AGE DIFFERENCE. MY OLDEST BROTHER PAT, WAS 17 WHEN I WAS BORN. SO PERHAPS SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS A YOUNGER BROTHER OR SISTER WHO MAY REMEMBER IRISHGIRL OR THIS LISA PERSON SHE IS LOOKING FOR. NEXT TIME YOU ARE ONLINE OR ON THE PHONE, ASK THAT YOUNGER SIBLING. LET'S TRY AND HELP THIS "KID" OUT.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: memories of taylor avenue 1976-1986

Postby nick drewes » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:58 am

[Lets not forget the Pizza shop across the street from PS 102 on Acher & Taylor.
They ad good pies and heroes. :lol:
nick drewes

Marion, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Postby Lydia58 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:20 am

I thought I did. I lived directly across the street from Rosemary Vizard in the 1st apartment building. We were very good friends. I just saw her recently. She came out to my mother's house for a BBQ. She looks great-exactly the same. It's amazing how some people don't seem to age. Her personality is still the same as well. Crazy but sweet as can be. She lives in Fresh Meadown in Queens. I told her about this site but believe it or not, she still hasn't embraced the Internet age.
Lydia Beatty-Cottiers
Lydia58

Return to Stratton Park