Miss Larkin

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Miss Larkin

Postby Grace Pasquale » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:18 pm

Does anyone remember Miss Veronica Larkin---4th grace teacher at St. Anthony's during the 1950s. She wore large brimmed hats and carried very large handbags. She had an apartment on Beach Avenue. She would pick students to walk her home after school and carry her books and oversized bag. It was an "honor" to be selected by her.

Grace
(Class of 1961)
Grace Pasquale

Postby claire scanlon » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Hi Grace I do remember Miss Larkin she was very nice cool lady for her time. I saw her niece Ronnie last year at my sister Loretta's services in Connecticut. They had remain friends all these years from 1426 beach ave. They both lived in Pa. Anyway bye
claire scanlon

Re:

Postby Marty Gavin » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Claire,

Completely by accident (due to the reference to Miss Larkin) I tripped over the post reproduced below. I got a bit of a chill when I noted the words "at my sister Loretta's services". Does that mean your sister has died? If so accept my condolences. If not please correct my interpretation.

I graduated with your sister in 1955 and have good memories of her although I had lost track of her and almost everyone else over the years. It just happens that Les Sherwood and I are organizing a Class of '55 reunion and so I was dinking around the Stratton Park message board looking for old classmates.

If this is something you'ld prefer to discuss this off-line, please use SPgavin@verizon.net
It's a temporary account I set up so I don't get my regular accounts spammed by putting an email address on line. But I will check it periodically.

Thanks.

Marty Gavin

[quote="claire scanlon"]Hi Grace I do remember Miss Larkin she was very nice cool lady for her time. I saw her niece Ronnie last year at my sister Loretta's services in Connecticut. They had remain friends all these years from 1426 beach ave. They both lived in Pa. Anyway bye[/quote]
Marty Gavin

Re: Miss Larkin

Postby hkelly » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:58 pm

I was in Ms. Larkin's last class in 1963. After about 2 weeks she got sick and passed away a short time later. She was replaced by Miss Casey who taught for several years.
hkelly

Re: Miss Larkin

Postby honora » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:21 pm

I remember Miss Larkin asking me to go to the Teacher's Lounge and get her lunch ready for her. One time she told me to put her soup into a double boiler and heat it up. I put the can of soup into the bottom part of the pot where the water was and I ruined it. She had a fit and I didn't get too many of the gold stars she gave out on my next report card!
honora

Return to Stratton Park