School Lunch

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

School Lunch

Postby info » Wed May 09, 2007 6:06 pm

I am sure many of you got creative when dealing with the scrumptious cuisine of St. Anthony's hot lunch. We would hide mashed potatoes, peaches, string beans and all that other yummy stuff under the plates, under the table, in the napkin - anywhere so long as we didn't have to eat it and didn't get caught by either Sr. Labore or Sr. Catherine.

When my brother was in the 2nd grade, he did not particularly care for the menu that day, so Sr. Catherine made him sit in the lunch room until dismissal. She didn't realize that he was even more stubborn than she. He refused to touch the food in spite of the threats, punishments and stories of bad little boys who go to hell because they would not eat their food. Maybe my brother didn't exactly win that battle but I guess you could say it was a draw. :D
info
Site Admin

Postby mike cronin » Thu May 10, 2007 8:06 am

Going home for lunch was the safer bet. I think most kids today do not have that option
mike cronin
Site Admin

mmmmm, St Anthony stringbeans

Postby Luis Vazquez » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:15 pm

I would put them in my pocket, and empty them out later somewhere outside, like in flower boxes.
Twas Ever Thus
Luis Vazquez

Postby tayloravegirl » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:46 pm

The most disgusting lunch I EVER remember at St. Anthony's (76-80) was a meatloaf with raisins in it. At lot of us wouldn't eat it because we thought that they were :)! It was disgusting. We used to look forward to the Fridays during lent because we would get grilled cheese. It was lovely. :roll:
Taylor Avenue #1
tayloravegirl

Return to Stratton Park