A picture

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

A picture

Postby JohnTell » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:04 am

I hope this picture shows up ....

[attachment=0]Pizza Boy.tif[/attachment]
Attachments
Pizza Boy.tif
Pizza Boy.tif (156.88 KiB) Viewed 10625 times
JohnTell

Re: A picture

Postby info » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:42 am

Some picture types don't work well on the web. The easiest picture for everyone's computer to see is a "jpg" type.(They also look better on the web)
Your photo didn't display automatically - viewers>> Right click and select view to see the pizza photo,

I have changed it to a jpg file. If you have a better copy and can change it to a jpg and then upload it, it should be fine.

FYI
Attachments
jtelpizza.jpg
jtelpizza.jpg (71.07 KiB) Viewed 10444 times
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
strattonpark.com
info
Site Admin

Postby JohnTell » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:07 pm

Thanks Marion you are a true genius!!!

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:44 pm

Thank you, John, but Mike is in fact the genius. I'm just the sidekick, although I do have rare moments of brilliance!
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby Les Sherwood » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 pm

What a great picture! It brings back great meories of vinny's and my introduction to good Italian cusine. Hey, we all need to start somewhere.
Who is the good looking on the right-stage right?
Les
Les Sherwood

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:05 pm

JT

You bring back many a memory of Friday nights, before we were allowed to eat meat, eating a few slices and coke, while listening to Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons to tell us to "Walk Like a Man" on the juke box in Vinnie's.

Eddie Acunzo
Eddie Acunzo

Postby JohnTell » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:15 pm

Leslie, I know who he is...I just wanna know here he went...<:~)

Eddie, you are so right ...

Friday nights it was usually one of three different things for dinner, a large pie from Vinnies, macaroni and cheese from Horn & Hardhart in Parckchester or a piece of fish from Augies on Archer Street...

JohnTell

Postby Mike Durkin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:37 pm

I can remember eating a lot of flounder.I still like it today. :lol:
Mike Durkin

Postby JohnTell » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:02 am

Hey Mike...weren't you eating a flounder sandwich when you got thrown from that horse on retreat in Don Bosco...<:~)

JohnT
JohnTell

Postby Mike Durkin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:43 pm

Another one of the fun things we did as kids at ST. ANTHONYS. How about going on the C.Y.O. camp trips? : :twisted:
Mike Durkin

Postby Don D » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:03 pm

Working at Vinnie's Pizza was one of the great neighborhood jobs! Others that worked there besides John Tell were Dennis Debellis, Vinnie Imbrosia, Annie Celli, Tom McElroy, Donald Gibson. He made sure you worked, but always had a good time, you made decent money, your friends were always aroound and you ate pizza all week long. I worked there for over a year, then he sold to Mama Gilda's and I had to find a real job.

One of the funny things was that Neil's nephews that worked there were called Freddie Pizza, Joe Pizza etc.., I didn't know Freddie last name until several years later and never knew Joe's.
Don D

Postby JohnTell » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:03 am

Donald ...I agree with you about working in Vinnie's...to this day I still say it was the best job I ever had...<:~)

BTW..."Joe Pizza's" last name was Manna...how could you forget to mention your good buddy Kevin Bourke also being a former employee of Vinnie's...<:~)

JohnTell

Postby Lydia58 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Oh man, does this picture bring back memories. My mother used to buy sauce from Vinny's for our school's spaghetti dinners. John, I'm not sure if it's you or not, but were you ever friends with a guy named Andre who lived on St. Lawrence Ave? I used to go out with him and you look very familiar now that I see your photo.

Lydia
Lydia Beatty-Cottiers
Lydia58

Postby JohnTell » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:14 am

Lydia...I don't seem to recall a friend named Andre but it's certainly possible...sometimes the gray hair grows inwardly...<:~)

I graduated St A's in '66...

JohnTell

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:02 am

Hey John,

Another Vinnie's veteran, Albie Corti. I seem to remember a delivery gone wrong and Neil actually visiting the customer to make sure she received everything she ordered. What service!!!

Jimmy Carolan

PS. Once Kevin Bourke started working there the service dropped of preciptiously.
Jimmy Carolan

Next

Return to Stratton Park