Question of a "Doubt"

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Question of a "Doubt"

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:52 pm

Folks

Please excuse me for asking an indelicate question here. Is anyone aware of a Shanley "Doubt"-like incident occurring at St Anthony's during the sixties? I graduated in 1966 and have no knowledge of any such occurences, or even rumors, which doesn't necessarily mean a thing. I guess I want to hear that this was a hypothetical moral dilemma that occurred in Shanley's imagination, rather than something that happened in my school/class right next to me. I know that sounds stupid and naive, even unrealistic, especially given what we know about the world now, but I'd prefer to think we were safe somewhere. I suffered many a beating from Nuns, Priests and Brothers, but it took an awful lot to get my attention and respect, and those were different times. What do you say?
Eddie Acunzo

Re: Question of a "Doubt"

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:41 pm

Eddie, I've asked a few people if they had any knowledge of abuse, and nobody does.

So you would probably have to get it from the "horses mouth" - John Shanley to verify that. But he may not even say because the premise of "doubt" is that we really aren't sure.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Re: Question of a "Doubt"

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:49 pm

Marion

It did happen within Stratton Park Little League, with one of the coaches as the offender, but I'd like to believe (if it's true) St. Anthony's was sacred ground. Of course sadly we know now that there is no sanctuary anywhere from evil.

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Return to Stratton Park