Pratical Joke Confession

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Pratical Joke Confession

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:26 am

Folks

I know many of us have performed practical jokes in the street on others, usually in groups, and sometimes with alcohol involved, and these jokes don't always turn out with foreseen outcomes, but if you own up to your actions you can usually learn something, with the added benefit and humiliation of exposing to everyone what an inconsequential thinking knucklehead you were in your youth. But take heart, it probably creates the illusion that you've grown since then.

It was a cold, boring winter evening, after several inches of thick, moist snow had fallen, and a group of us were having a few beers on top of a roof on Beach Ave. To kill some time, somebody had taken a snowball and began rolling it on the rooftop in the fresh fallen snow. In pretty short order the snowball grew to be a boulder. Soon it took three of us to push the three feet high ball near the roof's edge by Beach and Mansion. Then, for some reason, four of us hefted it up onto the ledge of the roof and stopped to rest and admire our handywork. For some unknown reason, without saying a word, someone reached out and shoved the boulder over the edge towards the street. Everyone ran to the edge just in time to see it crush the roof of a VW beetle flat like a big bug, no pun intended. The top of the Volkswagon imploded. Although everyone of us was paralyzed with laughter for a good ten minutes, afterwards we were also shaken with thoughts of what could have been. What if we hit someone standing in the street? What it someone was sitting in the car when it hit? This started another wave of nervous laughing fits. We decided it wasn't a good idea to hang around, but the first thing we did when we hit the street was check that there was no one injured in the car. What careless idiots we were. I hope no one reading this post got a VW crushed! That's my story.

Please ease my guilt and share something tasteless, stupid, or dangerous that you did. I don't want to feel like the Lone Ranger, Kemo Sabe. Come on, confession is good for the soul Sr. LaBadorre (or whatever her name was) said so.

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Re: Pratical Joke Confession

Postby Don D » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:26 pm

Eddie,

I was wondering what happened to my dad's car..... The repair cost were over $1200.

Send me an email privately and I'll let you know where to mail the check.

Thanks for owning up!

Don
Don D

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Don,

I feel so much better now that I've gotten that confession off my chest. Please send your bill for auto repairs to your cousin Murphy, I'm sure he'd be glad to atone for his sins as a former altar boy!

Don, I used to work for one of the Diels, I think it was at the Eagle Transformer company in Westchester Square. Was it your dad or one of your uncles? It was one hot job on a factory floor, but I had lots of fun. It was my first real summer job. I was making a buck and a quarter an hour, forty hours a week, and I was filthy rich making sixty-four dollars a week.

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Don D » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:52 pm

I'll have to check with Murph to see if he has the payoff for the VW!

I think it was an older cousin or uncle that you worked with back then. I didn't know all of my dad's extended family besides the Gallens, Werners and Dibellis' from Taylor Ave. The 3 sisters were my fathers 1st cousins. I was also related in some way on my dad's side to the Mahan's from White Plains Road & Guerlain St.

Don
Don D

Return to Stratton Park