Dirt Bomb Fights in Sand Lots

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Dirt Bomb Fights in Sand Lots

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:28 pm

Folks,

Hate to dominate, but I'm trying to spark some nastalgia here. This ought to ignite some memories. Who remembers having dirt bomb fights in the sand lots of the neighborhood, when we'd choose up sides and re-enact scenes from "Combat" on TV with Vince Edwards and pretend we were re-fighting WWII like our dads? I vaguely remember two lots that produced great dirt bombs: one I think was on Beach Ave and I think Merrill Street: the Ohrnbergers, the Tells, the Roths, the Cunninghams, the Galvins, the Steiningers, the Durkins and anyone else who was out. Please don't take offense if your name was left out. The other lot that was really good was across from Noble field. Of course there were several others. For whatever reason, the one at the bottom of Beach produced great bombs that were heavy and flew for distance, yet exploded into dirt on impact. The Pesce brothers who lived in my building at 1576 Taylor moved to the Castlehill Projects when they were being built, and visiting them when the projects were being built was dirt bomb heaven.

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Return to Stratton Park