Where does everyone live now?

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Re: Where does everyone live now?

Postby Tom Anderson » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:05 am

I remember the FGK&R. I also remember Reltny, as a matter of fact for the past 40 something years I've worked in the bad debt collection industry and one of my go to alias' is George Reltny, my co workers used to ask me what Reltny stood for and when I explained it kinda became a household name
Tom Anderson

Postby John P. O'Neill » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:44 pm

One of the definitions for Reltny was "......something so big it stretches the skin on your face".
Many of us are walking around with useless but amusing tidbits of 50 year old information.
John P. O'Neill

Postby bunnybarcher » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:42 am

to Reltney81142

I am also a 1956 graduate from St. Anthony's- my name then was Veronica Bappert- this site is so cool to be able to read about so many things which can take us back in time again to a place that was wonderful to grow up in...
bunnybarcher

Postby FDNYCHIEF » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:18 pm

Hey, John Tell,....it was great bumping into you down at Ocean Grove N.J. the other day...the waves were a little calmer that day....hope you and family had a great day at the beach !!!!!....Mike Hartnett !!!
FDNYCHIEF

Postby FDNYCHIEF » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:35 pm

[quote="Reltney81142"]Hey FDNY....yes, I believe you must have known my husband, Patrick Healy, if you recognize the word Reltney..and it's "unique" meaning. (He mentioned it to me over the years) I picked that name for him since I knew it was something old pals would recognize! He'll be getting home from work soon and I can't wait to tell him someone from the old neighborhood remembered "Reltney"....lol...He'll get a kick out of that. You'll have to let him know who you are.[/quote]
Hi,....Pat knew me well,......we closed a lot of Bronx bars together,...along with Willy Wheelwright,Tim Curran,Bob Johnston etc.........Mike Hartnett is the name.....have not seen Pat since 1969.....went to St. Anthony's 100th Anniversary ....several "Old Faces " from the class of 1956 at the reunion....all looked great !!!!
FDNYCHIEF

Postby JohnTell » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:46 am

...yes Mike it was nice to see you on the boardwalk in Ocean Grove...it seems no matter where I go a i bump into another 'ex-pat" Bronxite...<:~)

Ocean Grove is my favorite beach town on the Jersey shore...it wouldn't have been a few years ago but today I enjoy the nice quiet scene there...must be getting old...<:~)

JohnT
JohnTell

Postby Reltney81142 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:47 pm

Hey Mike! I just knew FDNYChief was you! How the heck are you? Some great memories of the old days brought back here. How is Willy Wheelwright? Can't believe the last time we saw each other was 1969! The reunion sounds like fun....I didn't know about it or I'd have gone. Nice to know Class of '56 are looking good!
Reltney81142

Previous

Return to Stratton Park