Where does everyone live now?

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Where does everyone live now?

Postby MaureenBo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:56 pm

I live in Texas. I've been here since December, 1999.

How about you? Where do you call home now? How long have you been there? Do you miss NY (if you're not in NY anymore)?
I went to St. Anthony's School from 1977 through 1984. (Teachers: Miss Fair, Miss Andrea, Miss DeRosa, Miss Casey, Miss Caulfield, Miss Kanarski, Sister Kevin.) Lived at 1534 Beach until April 1990.
MaureenBo

Re: Where does everyone live now?

Postby Lydia58 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:18 pm

I left The Bronx in 1980 when I got married. We now live in Medford, NY (Long Island) Still close enough to visit regularly. I miss The Bronx. Part of me wishes I never left but unfortunately the neighborhood was changing and it was time to go. My husband & I still talk about moving back after we retire.
Lydia Beatty-Cottiers
Lydia58

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:08 pm

Still live in the Bronx - Throggs Neck. I've lived here 23 years and still don't know the names of everyone on my block. So different from Stratton Park!
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby bamabama » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:18 am

-sure do miss the old neighborhood, but everything is different now. None of the churches here in San Antonio can match the "homey" feeling of St. Anthony's. My Mom sat in the same pew for 40 years! If she didn't arrive for daily Mass, everyone would be concerned about her. The churches here in San Antonio (at least I stayed with Saint Anthony!) are vast and Jesus is given a special room in the back of the church, so our backs are to Him during Mass. --makes you wonder.
bamabama

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:41 pm

I remember your mother well. I served with her as an extraordinary minister quite often. Msgr. Ford recruited me to be a minister and lector the way he recruited many people - called me on the phone and in his jovial way told me he needed me to do it and then hung up the phone! Didn't give me a chance to say no!
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby C. McLoughlin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:06 am

Northern Dutchess Co, NY. Little town called Red Hook. Left St Lawrence ave. in 92.
C. McLoughlin

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:29 am

Hello Old & New Friends,
Hope everyone is doing well, today the 1st day of March. As I sit here watching a few snowflakes, fall from the sky. I have decided to reply to this posting. Because like Mike & Marion. I have also remained loyal, to the Bronx. I have been living in the Pelham Bay area for over 4 years now. Sometimes, I see a face that looks familiar to me. I may not remember always remember names. Especially during our neighborhood feast, St. Theresa's , every July. My older siblings for many years, would bug me about raising my kids, in the city. It was good enough for us. We survived. I have been teased by friends, as well too. The thing that drives them crazy, Is I still don't drive a car. To me, its a mixed blessing. I have had the pleasure of making new aquintances and seeing old friends. Both on the bus and the train. once in a while, I ride the #12 bus, to the beach.
I walk to Pelham Bay Park. Some of my neighbors, aren't the friendliest. But I know, most of their names. I know all the children's names. I sit outside in the summertimes, almost every night.
I don't have a "stoop". I have been trying to explain to my sons, how important a stoop, was in my childhood. I am looking toward, reading some new postings, in the next few weeks. Now that we have some new people on the site. Stay safe , dear friends. Hey Todd, what's doing by you? Haven't heard from you, in a very long time. Please let some of your friends, know how you are.
Marie-Elena
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:26 pm

Hey Marie-elena - hope you are enjoying this good old fashioned Bronx Blizzard - be safe everyone. Don't go out if you don't have to!
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby regina buckley emilio » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:45 pm

maria elena, missed you at the mud bowl this year. alive and kicking were alive and kicking. the place was packed with about 3 different parties. i live on staten island now, i can't say it was my favorite place to live. ahh, the stoop, it was a game center, a coffee clutch, a centerpiece for the entire building. i'm going down to sit on the stoop. stoop ball how could you play it with out a stoop. hope to see you next year at the mud bowl. summers i usually go see the family in Texas, i am the only one left here, except my brother Ricky is now back again. The big difference between Staten Island and the Bronx is that everyone is in the back yard. the pain in the neck is that no one can be in the parks after six. what would we have done without the park. they don't even have teen night at any of the parishes. what are kids are missing. happy st. pats which is coming up next week. regina
regina buckley emilio

Postby tayloravegirl » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:22 pm

I used to live at 1451 Taylor Ave. I was at St. Anthony's from 1976-1980--5th to 8th grade. My teachers were Mrs. Brogan, Mrs.Vertucci, Miss Ward & Miss Cummings. I left the Bronx in 1986 to move to Northern Ireland. I'm married with 3 children.
Was back in NY 2 yrs ago and paid a visit to the old neighborhood. What changes but it still felt like coming home.
Taylor Avenue #1
tayloravegirl

Postby Reltney81142 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 am

Registered here for my husband who attended St. Anthony's (class of 1956) I'm a Brooklyn girl and after we got married we lived for a short time in New Jersey but then moved nearly 20 years ago out on Long Island. We live in Medford, NY too like one of the members who posted here. This is a wonderful forum for the old neighborhood and I know my husband will be thrilled to catch up with some old friends who are members here. He was amazed to find the old school played a part in the movie "Doubt" when we saw it!
Reltney81142

Postby FDNYCHIEF » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Hello,...I was also in St. Anthony's class of 1956.....the word "Reltney" was often seen on a yellow sweatshirt in those days....it had a very 'Unique" meaning !!!.....I am trying to figure out who your husband is ?????...Most guys who wore that sweatshirt hung around in the "Beer Bar" on Beach Ave....I lived a few bldgs. up on Beach Ave....I am guessing that 81142 represents his birthdate,..which is the year I was born in (1942)....
FDNYCHIEF

Postby Reltney81142 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey FDNY....yes, I believe you must have known my husband, Patrick Healy, if you recognize the word Reltney..and it's "unique" meaning. (He mentioned it to me over the years) I picked that name for him since I knew it was something old pals would recognize! He'll be getting home from work soon and I can't wait to tell him someone from the old neighborhood remembered "Reltney"....lol...He'll get a kick out of that. You'll have to let him know who you are.
Reltney81142

Postby bronxbombertoo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:48 am

Reltney was a 'fictious' University. Keeping with Archer St. talent for the absurd, a group led by John O'Neill and Billy Adams decided we would have our own university emblazoned on our chests. Every effort was made to keep it clean, unlike some othe 'older' guys softball jerseys from a few years earlier who gently pushed the limit.........any body out there remember those red and black shirts with nicknames......'modess'......'sim-fox'.....etc. printed on the back.......
bronxbombertoo

Postby JohnTell » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:38 pm

I remember those softball shirts...I believe they had "F G K & R" on their front...how and why do I remember stuff like that...this morning I forgot I put a container of coffee on the roof of my car before driving off...<:~)

JohnT
JohnTell

Next

Return to Stratton Park