Class of 55 St. Anthony's

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Class of 55 St. Anthony's

Postby Marty Gavin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:21 pm

Les Sherwood and myself (Marty Gavin) are trying to organize a reunion of the Class of 55 from St. Anthony's School.

If you graduated in 55 or know have any idea where a member of the class of 55 is these days, we would appreciate it if you would let us know.

I've created a temporary email account in case putting an email address out in public would get my regular account spammed all to heck. I will check it regularly. Or you can post a reply to this topic.
spgavin@verizon.net

We've found about 20 so far. But there's a lot of people we're missing. There were 54 in our graduating class.

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Marty
Marty Gavin

Re: Class of 55 St. Anthony's

Postby pat kenny » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:43 pm

I declare, Martin Gavin the smartest boy in the class of '55 if I recall correctly.
Any possibility of your listing the 20 folks who you and Les have made contact with?
I submitted our '55 graduation photo some time ago and it brought back so many memories..
I recall Les as having a fantastic pompadour.. do you still Les?
Kay O'Neil's brother John, frequents this site now and then I believe and perhaps has alerted her to an interest in a reunion. If not I can. We both live in MA and have for many years.
Keep me posted, depending on time, place etc. I would be interested in making the trip to a reunion or at least hearing from and about some of the 54 of the class of '55
Thanks Marty,
Pat Kenny-Barry :
pat kenny

Postby Marty Gavin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:30 pm

Patricia,

Great to hear from you. Thanks for replying to the post.

Fire off an email to me at spgavin@verizon.net and I'll sent you the information we have.

Marty Gavin
Marty Gavin

Postby Les Sherwood » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:31 pm

Dear Kenny
So nice to hear from.
12/23/08
I got a very laugh that I had a “great pomador”.
Unfortunately I can’t say this now with most of my hair gone.
However, I feel very lucky that I am in good shape, after a some setbacks; I jog, walk, ski, hike and lot more. I am lucking to live
in a town, Madison CT, that has a lot of state parks close by. And, I have a 19 year old.I am happy to be retired after more than 42 years of work, including a part time job at Chase Manhattan BK after school at Hayes, then continuing on various jobs in Manhattan as I continued my education at Pace gradating 1971 and then doing ½ of graduate degree at VCU in Richmond VA. before having the opportunity for to a promotion to a Controller of AMF("we made weekends") to a division in CT in 1980.
I jave no regrets and will away be thankful for the great education at St Anthony’s And Hayes.
I wished you all the best for the Holidays and hope to see you in 2009 at our reunion.
Les
Les Sherwood

Postby Marty Gavin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Les,

Enjoyed your comment;
>I got a very laugh that I had a “great pomador”.
>Unfortunately I can’t say this now with most of my hair gone.

I'm sort of working on the Michael Jordan look without the expense of the shaver.
I am reminded of the Dave Barry comment, "A black man with a shaved head can look handsome or athletic. A white man with a shaved head looks like a thumb."
I'm working on the thumb look.

Marty
Marty Gavin

Return to Stratton Park