DOUBT inaccuracies only we would notice

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

DOUBT inaccuracies only we would notice

Postby Joe Anastasio » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Someone mentioned how they don't remember the girls wearing saddle shoes during that time period.
One other thing that I noticed is there is a shot of Mansion st. from Beach Avenue and you can clearly see the stop lights hanging in the middle of the intersection.
Now, we all know that back then, the stop lights at that intersection (and most intersections back then) were on posts on the corners and they were only the two light type (red/green) as opposed to three light (red/yellow/green) type.
I think we can all forgive John P Shanley for this faux paus especially when you consider he would have had to deal with the city to remove the existing lights and find some of the old style - all for a 5 second shot...

There were other inaccuriacies only us Stratton Park people would even notice, nevermind care about.
Anybody notice any others?
Joe Anastasio

Re: DOUBT inaccuracies only we would notice

Postby Lydia58 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Inacuracies? Well, I'll have to think about that. When the movie comes out on DVD I know I'll be studying it frame by frame. One small touch that I loved was the boy who always had a ring of pen ink around his finger from the fountain pen. I remember that well. I remember when I was in 1st or 2nd grade there was a boy in my class named Paul Castle (who looked amazingly like Philip Seymour Hoffman, incedently) who always had inky fingers. He also would often lose his cuff links and stick a broken crayon through the cuff link holes of his white dress shirt. Maybe JP can use that for his next project.
Lydia Beatty-Cottiers
Lydia58

Return to Stratton Park