St Valentine's Day

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

St Valentine's Day

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Hello Old & New Friends,

1st, let me say how sorry i am, to have missed this year's MUDBOWL. Heard a great time was had by all. Especially seeing , one of my oldest & dearest friends, Susan Sica.

Now about St Valentines day. What's with all this crazy, costly stuff? Does anybody out there remember shopping in woolworth's for the Valentine's day cards, you would give to your classmates? At looking down the long rows of perfect red heart shaped candy boxes. For some of us, at age 13 or 14.It mean wondering if some day, we would get that 10lb valentine, with the most beautful (fake) red roses, on it. Or the teddybear hold a heart. I still am not a lover of red roses.
Or the cost, especially at this time of year. I still love to buy silly gifts. anything red. Mostly because I am a romantic and love the color red. Valentines day, is my favorite holiday. Any reason to get mushy & tell those i care about. How much i truly love them. When i was 16, a certain neighbrohood young man, brought me a cute box of Valentines day candy. You know the small 1, that you can hold in 1 hand. He didn't know that another fellow, from Throggs Neck brought me a 10lb box of candy. Neither called, before arriving. both trying to gain my affection. I kept that little box, filled w/ bobbipins, for at least 10 years. The other guy, never stood a chance, to get me back. So I wish you a heartful of fond valentines memories. Please be safe driving on saturday. maybe call that old valentine & wish them a happy valentines day too.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: St Valentine's Day

Postby Les Sherwood » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Nice! Very Nice!
Happy valentine's day to all especially to all the those lovely ladies from the neighborhood whom I loved and did not receive in retirn.
Les
Les Sherwood

Re: St Valentine's Day

Postby Frank Simone 2 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 am

Hello to all my Archer Street friends, sorry I have not been writing sice July, I couldn't get on, for a whille, moved to White Plains and after seeing the Movie Doubt (Great Movie) I said I have to get back to the site. It was great to see Beach Avenue the way it was..... Hope all are well, I also missed the MudBowl but looking foward to the Summer get together.

Stay Well.... Frankie (Pioneer) Fsimone@milbermakris.com
Frankie (Pioneer Archer Street 70's 80's)
Frank Simone 2

Return to Stratton Park