dorothy marx

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

dorothy marx

Postby tom hillman » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:51 pm

I am sorry to inform you all that Dorothy Marx (Hillman, Flynn) has just passed away. Her daughters, Laurie, Christine, and Erin have asked me to let you know that the wake will be at Schuyler Hill Funeral Home, 3535 E Tremont Ave, 718.792.0270, tomorrow, Friday April 10, from 2 to 5 in the afternoon, and from 7 to 9 in the evening. No funeral mass is currently scheduled, but there will be a graveside service on Saturday morning at St Raymond's cemetery. That is all the information I currently have.

I knew Dorothy from the time I was a little boy. She was always kind and friendly to me. Even though she and my brother, Richie, divorced long ago, I never stopped thinking of her as my sister in law, and loved her like a sister. One thing I found amazing and admirable about Dorothy was that, even though the loss of their son, Michael, remained an ever present sorrow for her, she was always so ready to laugh. I don't know that I could have done that. I shall miss her.

Tom Hillman
tom hillman

Re: dorothy marx

Postby mek726 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi Tom,

It's me Marion. I agree with every word you wrote. She was a good person, who loved her children and mine as well. She will be missed and remember always for the will to go on after the loss of Michael. She love the family and was never left out, and she always like that. Even when we were losing Richie, we were able to remember all the good times and that we were alway a family. Extended was a good thing. I'm sure I will see you tommorow, Kathryn is coming in at noon.

Regards,
Marion
mek726

Postby Tom Anderson » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:06 am

Hi Tom:

Thank you for the posting. I spoke with Laurie last night and again want to express my and Laura's sincere condolences to all of the people touched by Dorothy's untimely passing.

May the good Lord keep and protect her family and friends.

Tom Anderson
Tom Anderson

Postby MaryAnne » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Tom,
I am so sorry to hear about Dorothy. We were friends for many years but unfortunately grew apart when I move away. I did get to see her a few years ago at one of the reunions. She was so proud of her girls. Please let them know as an old friend of their mom I have them in my thoughts and prayers. I only wish I could be there to say goodbye to my friend.
MaryAnne Reuther
MaryAnne

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:59 am

Dear Tom,

I, too am so sad to hear of the passing of Dorothy. Both my sister Dina and I send our deepest
sympathy to her daughters and other family members. I got to see Dorothy, Mudbowl '08. Where she made me laugh, while we shared old stories. As some of you have already stated, she was so strong, when talking about her Michael. Dorothy was so full of love, when speaking of her daughters. But I have to add, she glowed, when speaking about being a grandmother. Dorothy and her family will be in my prayers.
Marie-Elena
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Cathy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:15 pm

Buggsy and I were so sad to hear about Dorothy today. You could always count on Dorothy to be at the various old neighborhood events, and she always added to the festivities. She was just a nice, nice person and greeted everyone with a smile. Tom, you mentioned how kind she was, and that came through in spades. You obviously cared for her very much, and I'm sure she appreciated and returned that.

Our hearts go out to her family and close friends. May she rest in peace.

Cathy Merendino
Cathy

Postby Les Sherwood » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Please accept to our condences to Dorothy's family. I also met at the recent Mud Party and enjoyed talking to hear. Over the years I met at various functions esp. Mud Bowl get-together at st. anthony's.
She was such a nice person and this feeling was reinforced with our last get together.
Les & Bobby Sherwood
Les Sherwood

Postby Cathy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Claire Scanlon is having trouble getting on to this website but she asked that I send her condolences to the Hillman family. Claire and Dorothy partied together many year's ago at Clason Point's Ferry Inn and of course in the neighborhood. Dorothy will be missed by many.
Cathy

Return to Stratton Park