What a crazy June...

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

What a crazy June...

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:31 am

Hello Old & new Friends,

Is this rain ever going to stop? Haven't heard about so much rain ,since some guy was loading a ship with 2 of every kind of creature. Otherwise, i hope everyone is looking foward to Father's Day weekend. Not sure, about grilling.

As some of you know, I have been away at "Rockette Dance Camp". No matter where I go, Stratton Park, always comes into conversation. I have recently been seeing a doctor. Who has a wonderful
woman, working in his office. The 1st time I met her. I commented about her last name. It so happens that she is related to the 1512 Beach Ave. McCrink's. (by marriage).Met a Morris Park kid at Burke Rehab, who knew about our Website. Thought it was wonderful, on how we keep in touch.

I am semi-home bound for the next few weeks. I am not into tv re-runs. So i like to stare out of
my bedroom windows. It is like the old Jimmy Stewart movie, "Rear Window". But nothing
as thrilling. I do try & get out for a little while, every day. I am going to try & get to the Conger's Lake Picnic. Won't be grilling this year. for those of you, who still live in the Bronx or visit.
There is the yearly, St Theresa Feast. July 22-26.I live in the neighborhood. So if you are thinking on coming by. Come say hello. My family, friends & i sit outside, every night. Well enough chatter for now. Stay safe dear friends,
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: What a crazy June...

Postby Jo Rizzo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Marie Elena,

First of all glad you're doing better. Hope you can make Congers. Would love to see you.

Where do you and your family sit during the St. Theresas' Feast? I'll look for you. I make it at least once. I'll look for you.

Jo:P
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Re: What a crazy June...

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Hello Jo,
My family & i live on Mayflower ave. off of St Theresa. There are 6 attached houses. 4 family homes, with terraces.
mine is in the middle. look for the terrace w/ the "butterfly" windchime. we sit in front, with chairs, table and a cooler.
would love to see old & new friends.

I mentioned an old Jimmy Stewart movie (Rear Window). Does anyone else have a reason to relate to an old movies, this crazy summer. Please just keep the stories flowing.

I want to give a "SHOUT-OUT". I recently had to stay at Burke Rehab Ctr, in White Plains, N.Y.
If some reason any of you fellow Stratton Park "Kids". Find yourself or a family member in need of a great Rehab Ctr
(due to a physical injury) Please check into Burke. The outcome from my surgery could have been worse. But with the help of some wonderful occupational & physical therapists. I am happy to say, I am doing, really well after 17 days after surgery.
lOVE,
Marie-Elena
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Return to Stratton Park