the beer bar

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

the beer bar

Postby beth » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:36 pm

this is a different take on the beer bar on beach ave. it was of course only a guy bar, no girls ever, ever went in that bar and if they did it was announced from the pulpit at sunday mass. i lived across the street from the bar and my two older sisters and i shared a bedroom directly across from the bar. i don't think we ever put on a light at night in the summer because a roar would be heard on the whole block (i don't know what they thought they would see.) it was annoying sometimes but you got use to it. we were also the most popular sisters with the other girls in the neighborhood whose boyfriends hung out in the beer bar. it was almost a ritual that the girls would come to our apartment and then with the lights out, crawl (i swear they would crawl) across the floor and peer out the bedroom window. they had a perfect view of the bar and the occupants. to be more accurate the occupants in the front of the bar. also when the door was open you could almost hear everything. all those guys who told their girlfriends that they were somewhere else and couldn't figure out how they knew they were in cotters now know the awful truth.

beth
beth

Re: the beer bar

Postby Tom Anderson » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:45 am

Hi Beth

You're sooooooo right. I bet that if you called the bar and asked for so & so that you would be told "nope, not here. Haven't seen him all night", even as you/the other crawlers were looking right at him. Ah, those were the days my friend!!

Have a good one!!!
Tom Anderson

Return to Stratton Park