WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO???

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO???

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Hello Old & Ne2w Friends,
I hope that everyone is taking advantage of this great weather (at least in New York, it's so beautiful. ) Am I the only crazy person, who feels that time is flying by? I know I was a bit busy this summer. But I feel like not just days or months are flying by. But years! Is this what happens at 50? I asked a few people. Only to hear my 20 yr old son, Mike, complaining of the same thing. Maybe it's because I have been listening to the oldies station on the radio. They have been doing a countdown of favorite oldies. I knew words to songs, that were older than I am. Yet i can't recall where i placed my reading glasses. Reason for any spelling errors. I can remember when: Labor day wkend meant,not only the end of summer. But all the fun stuff that went with the season. Like Stevie/Bungolow ice cream. So for all of you closing up your summer homes. Or having that last "big" bbq, this weekend. Perhaps putting away the luggage from your vacation. I say to you all. It's less than a year (9 months) to "Memorial Day Weekend"! Drive safely dear friends....
marie-elena
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: WHERE DID THE SUMMER GO???

Postby Jo Rizzo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Hey Marie Elena,

Not only is Memorial Day 8 months away, spring training starts in February. Here's a cute little quote that I heard somewhere, "Life is like a roll of toilet papaer, the closer to the end, the faster it goes".

On that note I will sign out.

Cheers everyone.

Jo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Jo - on spring training - my son constantly reminds me "only five months until pitchers and catchers report." For us die hard Mets fans, that will have to sustain us after the abysmal season the Mets have had.

Hate to wish my life away, but can't wait until next year.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby Jo Rizzo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:52 am

Hi Marion,

That's right! Five months is February. I agree with him. I'm a Met fan also and at least we don't have to worry about a colapse for the third straight year since we're no where near anything this year. GO RED SOCKS.

JO
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:50 am

Jo, I know we are all Bronxites, either past or present, but if I see one more picture or story about the Yankees on the front page of the Daily News, I will scream so loud they will hear me in California.

As far as the Mets are concerned, the only consolation is that our hearts will not be broken on the last day of the season AGAIN!

Mets in 2010!
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby Jo Rizzo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:20 am

Right on Marion!!! METS 2010!!! I'm a die hard Mets fan also. I'm like you. I root for two teams - THE METS AND WHOEVER PLAYS THE YANKEES.

Bring on February when pitchers and catchers report.

Cheers,

jo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby Don D » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:53 am

Sounds like sour grapes from Met fans!!! Did you say 2010 or 3010? You know even a broken clock is correct twice a day, so your prediction is bound to come to reality sooner or later...

They have been and always will be a 2nd division team in NY. Jealousy will get you nowhere.

Just checking, Is that Citi Field or Citi Hospital??? :<)

Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!

Don Diehl
Don D

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Don, your post makes me SO HOPE for a Red Sox miracle!

Have you been to the new Yankee Stadium? We had plans to go twice and both games were rained out. Will have to wait until next year. Trips to Citifield were much more successful, where the sun shone and the Mets actually won.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby Don D » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Marion,

We all know that the ball bounces in funny ways and the Red Sox already had 1 miracle. They may need another to win this season.

Yes, I have been down to Yankee Stadium about 10 games this year. It's a terrific stadium, but I did still like the old one.

I think several teams can win, but the Yankees are clearly playing the best baseball for the last 50 games or so.

Don Diehl
Don D

Return to Stratton Park