Class of 1955 reunion

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Class of 1955 reunion

Postby Les Sherwood » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:41 am

Hi all
We had our reunion of 1955 class over the weekend.
we had a great time.. we had a dinner in Harrison at the Trinity Grill with 25+ attending.
If course I got lost and got there an hour late. And I worked on Westchester ave for 2 years. Only excuse I have is that my eyes are not that great after dark.
On Sunday morning we went to Mass at St anthony, th en we had a school tour and a brunch in the auditorium.
Bishop Sullivan (who grew up on Beach ave) joined with Fr Kelly and Fr Piderit to celebrate the mass. The choir group was special.
It was fun reminiscing with old classmates some of which I had not see for over 50 years.
Only regret was that we did not have it earlier in our lives. After 54 years it is a very long time. Ten of our class died and two are seriously sick. We had 15 of 54 who graduated. after such a long time it was difficult to find some. I suggest 20-25 years is a good time to start.
All in all it was a great reunion.
St Anthony's looked great and the neighborhood did not look bad.
Regards,
Les
Les Sherwood

Re: Class of 1955 reunion

Postby Jo Rizzo » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:47 pm

Sorry I missed the mass. Totally forgot about it. Would have loved to see Bishop Sullivan. Glad every one had a grand time. :lol:
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Re: Class of 1955 reunion

Postby Kathleen » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm glad your reunion went well, Les. It sounds like you all put a lot of work into it. I agree with you that we should have them more often. Last year at the St. Anthony's reunion, I saw people I hadn't seen in more than 40 years, and it was great to see all of them. They were who we grew up and played with when we were kids. Some of us have reconnected, and it's fun to keep in touch with them now, sharing stories about our own families.

Take care and hope to see you at the next reunion.

Kathleen
Kathleen

Return to Stratton Park