Sad News

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Sad News

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Today my mom, Alice Farrell, passed away after a brief illness. She was a church organist and music teacher who taught at St. Anthony's in the 70s and 80s and played at St. John Chrysostom in the South Bronx for over 20 years as their official organist. Please remember her and my family in yours prayers.

Marion Cronin
Marion Farrell Cronin

Re: Sad News

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:45 am

Marion,

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your mother. Condolences from my family to you and yours at this sad time.

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby bob5915 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:48 am

Hi Marion: My heartfelt condolences to you and your family at this time,
Bobby Roth
bob5915

Postby Les Sherwood » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Marion
Although I did know your mother I am sure she was a great parent. Please accept my condolences for her loss.
It is always difficult to lose a parent even if th ey live to a ripe old age. A wise person once said that" one can never repay the love a parent gives you but one can pass on that love to your children and others."
Treasure your memories.
Regards,
Les
Les Sherwood

Postby mary lamasney » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Dear Marion - I am sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose our wonderful parents. My thoughts are with you. Mary Lamasney
mary lamasney

Postby Don D » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:27 am

Marion,

Sorry for your loss.

Our condolences to you and your family.

Don & Ellie Diehl
Don D

Postby Jo Rizzo » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:23 am

Marion,

So sorry to hear about your mom. Please accept my deepest sympathies.

Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby matty keenan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:15 pm

Hello Marion and Mike; It is always difficult to find the right words to express feelings when someone very dear and loved leave us. My thoughts are with you, Mike, family and friends with the hope that you all have Love, Peace and Happiness. God Bless, Matt Keenan
matty keenan

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. It means so much to me! The funeral was today and everything was lovely. After the burial we gathered for lunch and and shared great memories of my mother. I am sure she would have appreciated the anecdotes. Thanks again, everyone.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby tayloravegirl » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:33 pm

I haven't been on the site for quite a while so I only heard about your mom's death. I want to send you my deepest condolences to you & your family. I was a student at St. Anthonys School from 1976-80. I used to look forward to going down the the gym to have a class with her. She used to play the piano for the St. Patricks Night festivities. Your mom was a very special lady....I remember my friends & I used to go to her house sometimes and she would play the piano for us. I will remember her in my prayers. God Bless you all. Irene McVeigh (nee Muldoon)
Taylor Avenue #1
tayloravegirl

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:37 pm

Irene, thanks so much for that. Music was such a big part of my mother's life. Her musical training served her well in later years. She had gotten all sorts of music degrees when she was younger but then got married, raised a family, and put the career on the back burner. I am happy that she found a career that she loved - how many of us can say that?

Have a Merry Christmas!

Marion
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Dearest marion,
I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I am sure she was a wonderful woman. Because you are a product of her life. You are a wonderful person. As most of us already know, losing your mom is very sad. But w/ the love of Mike, your kids & friends,. You will get stronger. God Bless you & your family, at this time. Marie-Elena
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks Marie-elena. I know you lost your mother several years ago so you certainly can relate to that unique mother-daughter bond which will always be there, even if mom is not physically present. Hope you had a Merry Christmas and I wish great things for you in 2010!

All the best
Marion
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby claire scanlon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Sorry marion I know what a terrible loss it is, Again im so sorry.
claire scanlon

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Thanks, Claire, it means so much to me that people care.

Hope 2010 is going well for you so far!
Marion Farrell Cronin

Next

Return to Stratton Park