Tragedy strikes a Beach Ave kid....

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Tragedy strikes a Beach Ave kid....

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:04 am

Hello Old & New friends,

Some of us grew up with Todd Frenchman (1574 Beach Ave). During the 1960's & 70's. This has not been a good year for my old friend. Last night was the last straw. This year his wife Dina was in a serious car accident with a firetruck. In which she will be suffering pain from permant injuries, for the rest of her life. Last night their Belmore Long Island home, went up in flames.
We are thankful that Todd, got Dina & family got out at 3 a.m.

I just finished speaking with my childhood friend, who is simply amazing with his positive attitude. Strattonpark "kids", are made of pretty tough stuff! They got out with their pj's on their backs. Todd went back to get the family much loved puppy Shea. They have nothing left, between the actual fire & the water damage. their home filled with cherished memories of 3 talented children and other memories, all gone. But Todd is just thankful they are all o.k.

We have been leaving posts about old friends passing this year. It has been arough year with others losing their jobs too. But this thursday as we sit & be thankful for all we have. Let's remember those like Todd & Dina Frenchman. My family's prayers & thoughts are with my dear friend & his family .
Much Love, Marie-Elena
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: Tragedy strikes a Beach Ave kid....

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:59 pm

I am terribly sorry about this. And at this time of year. There is never a good time - but still - just seems particularly sad now. Thank God they are OK (including the dog) and that they can get back on their feet soon.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby Jo Rizzo » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Marie Elena,

Is there anything we can do? Like clothes, money etc?

Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:26 am

Hello Jo,

Thanks for the offer. But thank goodness for Homeowners Ins.Todd & Dina Frenchmen, appreciate friends concern. Todd has asked me to get him a copy of his old Strattonpark Little Leaque photo. Which hopefull another old friend,still has a copy of. Todd being the "Strattonpark" kid, that he is.
Is being so strong through all of this. Situations like this, just make some of us, appreciate how lucky we are. Will pass on your thoughtfulness to Todd & his family.

Thanks.........
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Return to Stratton Park