Msgr. James Kissane - Dec 16,2009

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Msgr. James Kissane - Dec 16,2009

Postby info » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:02 am

KISSANE - Rev. Msgr. James M., Pastor of St. John of God R.C. Parish, Central Islip, suddenly on December 16, 2009, in his 44th year. Loving son of James and Sheila Kissane. Devoted brother of John (Donna) Kissane, Sheila (John) Carroll and Marianne (David) Francis. Cherished uncle of Patrick, Julianna, David, Grace, MaryKate and Lilyanna. Also survived by several aunts, uncles and cousins. Reposing at Frederick J. Chapey & Sons East Islip Funeral Home, 200 East Main Street, East Islip Saturday 2 to 9pm. Reposing Sunday from 3 to 7pm, in St. John of God Chapel, 84 Carleton Avenue, Central Islip. Mass of Transferral, Sunday at 7:30pm in St. John of God Chapel. Mass of Christian Burial, Monday at 10:30am in St. Agnes Cathedral Rockville Centre, Bishop William Murphy, Principle Celebrant. Interment following in St. Charles Cemetery, Pinelawn, NY. In lieu of Flowers, donations in Father Jim's memory to St. John of God Parish Restoration Fund, 84 Caleton Avenue, Central Islip would be greatly appreciated. Father Jim was very active in Diocesan programs as well as Chaplin for AOH Division 2, Babylon, Central Islip Fire Dept. and Suffolk County Police Dept.

Besides knowing Jim from the neighborhood, you all probably know that Jim was on the committee for St. Anthony's 100th Anniversary.

On behalf of the board, and the alumni of the old neighborhood, our condolences go out to the Kissane Family
Attachments
jimkissane.jpg
Fr. Jim Kissane
jimkissane.jpg (22.54 KiB) Viewed 5274 times
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
strattonpark.com
info
Site Admin

Re: Msgr. James Kissane - Dec 16,2009

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:29 am

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Kissane and Harrington families at this most difficult time. At times such as this it important to try to focus not on a short life lived but on a full life lived in a short time. Msgr. James Kissane accomplished a great deal while he was with us. My wife Pat (MacCormack) used to baby sit for Msgr. Kissane on Taylor Ave before Jimmmy and Sheila moved out to the island. I coached his cousin "Danny Boy" in CYO basketball at St. Anthony's. Danny also served as an altar boy at our wedding. I will always fondly remember the Kissane families as a lynchpin of "the neighborhood". Pat and I are sorry we could not attend the services and offer our sincere condolences to Jimmy, Sheila and the entire family.

Jimmy and Pat (MacCormack) Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Don D » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:30 pm

We echo Jimmy & Pat’s commentary on Msgr. James Kissane. I spoke with him briefly at the St.Anthony’s 100th Anniversary and it only confirmed he was a terrific young man and a great representative of the Christian faith. We could also see the immense pride the entire Family displayed while he was celebrating the Mass with Cardinal Egan.

Our sincere condolences to Jim, Sheila and the entire Kissane Family at this time.

Don & Ellie Diehl
Don D

Postby John Kelly » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Dear Sheila and Jim:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time of loss.

May the comfort of God help you during this difficult time.

Please accept our heartfelt condolences on the loss of your beloved son.

Beth and John Kelly
John Kelly

Postby rabbate » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Robert Abbate and family wishes to express their condolences to the Kissane family for their loss. I re-connected with Father Jim only last year through this site. I remember him well from St. Anthony's as we were in the same class and also played tons of hockey and stickball in 102. Although I had lost touch with him over the years, when we spoke via email it was like we had always kept in touch. I will remember his smile always!

Best Rgds
Rob Abbate
Tolland Ct
rabbate

Return to Stratton Park