Special Friends

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Special Friends

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Hello old & new friends,

Recently, some of us concerned with world news. Especially with the tragedy that is going on in Haiti. We grew up in an era, where we took care of our own. Then we took care of the less fortunate. We get emails & cards telling us how to "stop and smell theflowers". We wish we had one more chance to to that special person, how much we loved them.

I have been a big fan & constant contributor of this site. I have enjoyed reading the messages of the last few years. Some have been sad, with the passing of so many, I knew personally. But what has reached my heart the most and made me write this message tonight. Is the friends I have made through this site (also facebook) people who know the same people, as I do. Perhaps grew up with one of my siblings. But I never knew til now. I want to Thanks, those special friends. For being there for me, with love and support. Cathy M. Linda, Patsy and most recently Regina. Just to name a few.As well as a few of my oldest friends, who I found "again", because of this site. I can not state how important, it is to tell those special people, how important they are to you. I say this now, because I may not be at the "MUDBOWL", next month. I have a date with 3 very important guys. (feb 13th, it's a very special day) I am sorry for this mushy message. But think about how many people right now, in Haiti and other destroyed (possibly war torn) countries. Who wish they could have told someone they loved, one more time. Stay Safe dear friends, Marie
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: Special Friends

Postby Cathy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:03 am

Marie-Elena,

I know what you mean about the special friends we have made. Last Saturday I spent the day in the Bronx, the purpose of which was to give a friend of mine a tour of the Doubt locations in our neighborhood. It turned out to be more than that. Of course it included visits to St Anthonys, the alleyways of Taylor/Beach and Parkchester. But it also turned out to be a day of reminising as we passed all the old familiar places. Places like Claire Scanlon's house( where we usually started our weekend evenings), the beer bar location (where girls dare not enter for many years), Harrys/Sams candy store, handball courts at the park, Macys, Loews American, Food Shop location (six of us could make one order of french fries last for hours), Vinnie's Pizza location (Hi Freddy) and many other places where we shared in great times (and maybe some not so great times) with friends. As we passed each location I would recall stories that would bring the location to life and my friend enjoyed it immensely...she couldn't get enough. She recently met a few of my neighborhood girlfriends and had commented on how great they seem to be and how wonderful it must be to have experienced so many great times with them and to still have them in my life. I agree. So cheers to the wonderful Archer Street girls and guys. Thanks for the memories. Let's build some more. See you at the Mudbowl (and I'm assuming there will be a Mudbowl). M-E, there will be a birthday drink waiting for you if you can break away for a couple of hours.

Cathy
Cathy

Re: Special Friends

Postby regina buckley emilio » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:03 am

Marie-Elena Never apologize for feelings, mushy or otherwise. You have also been a good friends recently. I thank you for your prayers and help, even if it was just talking or making me laugh reading a post on fb. Friends, old and new, are what keep us going and keep us laughing through the trying times. Hopefully you will be able to make the MudBowl, it would be good to see you. We came from a great place and a caring place, whether we liked all the scrutiny while we were growing up. It was fun. Talk to you soon.
regina buckley emilio

Return to Stratton Park