Vinnie Imbrosci

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Vinnie Imbrosci

Postby pgirty » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:28 am

I misspelled Vinnie's name as Ambrosia - I don't know if it was a freudian slip - since ambrosia is the nectar of the Olympian gods. I am grateful to have spent some quality time with him over the last year - to reminisce as well as learn about his life after Archer Street. It was also a blessing to get to know Vinnie's lovely sisters - Cookie and Joyce. My heart goes out to them. Patty
pgirty

Re: Vinnie Imbrosci

Postby CathyLovell » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:00 pm

My heartfelt condolences to Vinnie's family. I can still picture him in his convertible on Archer Street.
Vinnie, Susan, Ricky and I would usually stay within the confines of the neighborhood-Archer St., the C'Mon Inn, and Noble Field. A few memorable times we left the Bronx. Once, Vinnie took us to a party downtown. The Host was an ambassador or delegate to the United Nations. How Vinnie knew him I'm not sure, but this was no "Ripple in the paperbag" party. The apartment had a balcony and a view that rivalled that of the Empire State Building and paintings and sculptures straight from the Museum of Modern Art. Another time we all decided to go to the music festival in Newport, Rhode Island. Even though the festival was cancelled, we still went.We took a bus to Rhode Island and then rented bikes which I think was a bit of a fiasco. I'm sure Vinnie was wishing for his convertible. I am grateful to have known Vinnie and been his friend.
CathyLovell

Re: Vinnie Imbrosci

Postby bob5915 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:47 am

My heartfelt condolences go out to the Imbrosci family. It has been many years but I remember Vinnie very well, the convertible and the pizza shop. He was a one of kind all around great guy.
Bobby Roth
bob5915

Return to Stratton Park