Easter Sunday Mass in St. Anthony's

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Easter Sunday Mass in St. Anthony's

Postby JohnTell » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:25 am

Going to pick up my mom to attend the 10 o'clock Mass in good old St Anthony's...

...hope the church doesn't come down around our ears when I make entry...I better walk in first...<:~)

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Re: Easter Sunday Mass in St. Anthony's

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:04 am

John, if my recollections serve me correctly, St. Anthony's has withstood much worse than you! And it's still there.

Happy Easter to all! Enjoy the gorgeous day.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby JohnTell » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:42 am

Marion thank you but I know some who might disagree with your assertion..<:~)

Attached(I hope) is a picture of St Anthony's before Easter Sunday mass...

...the church was packed when the mass began...after mass the ballons were released in a symbolic gesture that was very festive... a great touch...where were Father Kelly and Father John when I attended St Anthony's...

...after mass we went to the Castle Hill Diner for breakfast followed up with a nice ham dinner with family...my mom said it was the best day she had in years...<:'~)

Attachments
photo[1].jpg
photo[1].jpg (143.19 KiB) Viewed 4727 times
JohnTell

Postby Jo Rizzo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:42 pm

John,

I loved the picture. I am sorry that I missed the mass. Something was pulling me to go there on Easter Sunday. But Mom wasn't feeling good and went to a later mass at OLA. Usually I go on Good Friday back to St. Anthony's. From the picture and your thoughts for the day, looks like I will have to make it next year.

Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby JohnTell » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:36 am

Jo we were thinking of going back to St Anthony's on Mothers Day...it really was a great experince...who sez you can't go home again...<:~)

JohnTell

Postby Jo Rizzo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:17 am

John,

Thanks for the thought. I will go back on Mothers day. Yes, we can go home again. When I was temping at Coke, the easiest way to get to 149 and Bruckner from Morris Park was to cut through the old neighborhood. The first day felt like I never left!!! The funniest part was that on the way home I would run into neighbors that still live on Thieriot and was able to catch up with them. It would take an hour for a 20 minute trip!! :lol:

Cheers,

Jo 8)
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Return to Stratton Park