Picnic time again

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Picnic time again

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Hello Old & new Friends,
Please let me know when the Conger's Lake Picnic is. Also what is everybody bringing? We always bring way too much of the same foods & desserts. Have my grilling supplies ready & my new apron too. I will be there this Sunday for a BBQ w/ friends of my husband. So I will be warming up my grilling skills. There will be no 1 there, like our own Cathy meredino w/ her famous blender. Am feeling much better than last year. I can bring my traditional sausage,peppers & onions. also my choc chip cookie bars. Let me know. Thanks
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: Picnic time again

Postby Jo Rizzo » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:55 am

Hey Marie Elena,

Glad you're feeling better.The picnic is next Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone as is Mom. Not sure what I'm bringing as of yet. See you then
: :D
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby pgirty » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Marie Elena and everyone else out there in cyberland - the Picnic is this Saturday July 10th.
pgirty

Postby Cathy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.
Cathy

Postby Jo Rizzo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Was glad to see everyone on Saturday. I really had a great time talking with everyone and helping Bugsy with the grilling. We had a beautiful day, sun in and out, no rain, cool , one of the better days. It was great to celebrate our friendship along with it being National Pina Colatta Day. Thanks to Cathy for supply them. They were delicious as usual. Looking forward to next year (no I didn't forget the Mud Bowl in February).

Cheers,

Jo Rizzo :D
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby Les Sherwood » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:58 am

Hi
i agree it was grand picnic. I was not sure if I would go since the weather was so threathening as I was leaving from CT but I perserved and it ended up a great day for a picnic.
thanks all especially Anthony, Cathy and Jo.
All the best.
Les
Les Sherwood

Postby Cathy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:08 pm

Les,

I am so glad you and about 20 other people made it to the picnic. I know the prediction of storms kept a lot of people away this year and it was great to see that you made it from the Hartford area and Eric made it from Virginia, despite the rain you both ran into on the way. What a great time we had. Who knew that the rain would never come and we would get to enjoy some of the most comfortable temperatures we ever had at this annual event. We missed Marie-Elena at the grill, but Buggsy, Jo, and others did a good job filling in. I have some pictures and will post them here once Buggsy shows me how to download them...lol.

Again, it was so much fun seeing everyone and we owe our thanks to Donald and Chris Metscher who keep this thing going every year. Cheers to all who attended and also to those who couldn't make it this year.
Cathy

Postby Jo Rizzo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:30 am

A thousand lashes with a wet noodle!!! :oops: You're right to thank Chris and Don. Without them making the reservations year after year, we wouldn't be enjoying each other. Again thanks to all for making the day an enjoyable one. Hope to see everyone again next year. Mom swore she wouldn't listen to the weather forcast as she was kicking herself all day.

Can't wait to see the pictures and I'll be downloading mine as soon as I find the adapter I just bought last week and already lost.

Ciao,

Jo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Sorry we missed it again as we are usually away the first or second week of July. Glad everyone had a good time.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Return to Stratton Park