September Again!

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

September Again!

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:25 am

Hello Old & New friends,
It's been a while, since i posted any messages. Hope everyone had a great summer? Now that we are in September. time to put away the suitcases & get out the rakes. Went past the old neighborhood yesterday. I still live in the Bronx. But don't get over there too often. St Anthony' Church, still spiffy. Puts a smile on my face. can't say the same for P.S. 102, where i spent 7 yrs. or other sections. My husband Rich, continues to listen to the same old stories. As we drive thru the neigborhood. How there was Sylvanie's bike store. Where they now sell fresh killed chickens & other animals. Wish my friend Todd Frenchman was with me. Or Susan Sica. They have better memories, to recall stuff, from Beach Ave.

I had a wake up call this summer. In 6 days, i realized that i could die & there were so many things i never did or said. things that i took for granted.all running thru my head. So now that i know i am healthy. I am stopping to smell the flowers. especially w/ our grandson Elijah (14 mos). Took him to our neighborhood playground, yesterday. I ran thru the "sprinklers" with him & laughed. Remembering how we use to try & clog the drain in 102. So that we had a mini-pool. how my friend Lisa Luciano & i sat under the slides. As if they were our personal cabanas. So when you put the luggage away. When you hose down the yard & look up & think about how hot it is for Sept. Go & call that old friend. Saw people running to staples for school supplies. i recall how Woolworth's was the #1 spot. Where Mom got me my supplies. I still love the smell of school on the 1st day. As a Teacher's Assistant. I am lucky enough to still experience it, every Sept. Can't go swimming yet, due to my incision. but will sit on the side, kick my feet & splash. Why do we leave the "kid stuff" to the kids? Why should they have all the fun. Have a Great Labor Day weekend. remeber to make smores, make a mess. but most of all, remember to laugh. Like when we were kids...
Marie-Elena
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: September Again!

Postby JohnTell » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:23 am

Marie-Elena...glad to hear you're doing well...don't ever change, stay the way you are...<;~)

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Return to Stratton Park