Passing of Florence Werner

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Passing of Florence Werner

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 am

Folks,

FYI

A few days ago Florence (Florie) Werner passed away after battling lung cancer. She was a long-time resident of Stratton Park during the 50s-70s. She was the wife of Pat, who also died earlier this year, and mother of Pam (St. Anthony's class of 1964) and Kenny (class of 1960). The Werners lived at 1576 Taylor, and were very active in the parish, having a large extended family in the neighborhood. Anybody who knew her can attest to her sweetness. Florie and Pat were best friends of my parents, and our family lived in the same building. Florie will be missed dearly by all who knew her. As of this writing (12/23/10 @ midnight) wake and funeral arrangements have not been worked out yet in Las Vegas, NV., as Kenny has to arrive from North Carolina, and other family members from other parts of the country.

Rest in Peace, Flo.

Love,

Eddie Acunzo
Eddie Acunzo

Re: Passing of Florence Werner

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:35 am

So sorry to hear this, Eddie. Condolences to the family. It's especially sad to lose a loved one at this time of the year.
Marion Farrell Cronin

Re: Passing of Florence Werner

Postby rabbate » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Eddie - Rob Abbate here - Ellie (Abbate) Diehl's little brother as I am remined to say all the time!:) do you have a address for Kenny and Honey, I had it after Patty Werner passed but l since lost it. I would liek to send a mass card, as a younster I spent many days with both Helen and Flori families and my dad especially looked up to Kenny as for one of the reasons I went ot Mount St. Michael.
rabbate

Return to Stratton Park