Mudbowl 2011

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Mudbowl 2011

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:46 am

Hello Old & New friends,

As you know, last night was the Mudbowl. It was a great night. Lots of wonderful old friends. some new friendships were made last night, as well. I brought my son with me. concerned that he may get bored listening to a bunch of "old" people talking about 100 yrs ago. He informed me, he now understands why the old neighborhood means so much to me and his Godmother Susan Sica.Some of us recalled how the Stratton Park Little leaque had their traditional parade, the Sunday after Easter, every year. For some people it was a thrill. Others told wonderful old stories, that could make you laugh & cry at the same time. Even til today, there is ghosts & fond memories there. I am wishing that some of you, who are reading this will share a memory from last night, too. Not just my co-writers, Jo & Les.

Then when Harry Kelly informed us of a sad story about a homeless guy who has been living in the train station for many year. Then to find out , he is the Uncle of Jack & Bobby Stack. Who thought their uncle was dead all these years. So now Jack & Bobby are going to go find him, with the help of Harry Kelly. We all know of that homeless man with the "golden voice" that been on U-Tube & all over the news. How his instant success sent him into rehab. But who knows where this journey will take the Stack Brothers & their uncle. It's all up to them. But once again it reminds me how important, keeping in touch with the "old neighbrohood", really is. Why I am still to this day proud to say where I grew up. Learned about life & Love. But mostly what the word "Home" means. Like so many of you, reading this. Stratton Park, will always be our home. No matter where we or how we live today.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: Mudbowl 2011

Postby Jo Rizzo » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Hey Marie Elena,

Knew one of us would be writing about the mud bowl. Yes, would say that everyone had a good time. Saw some people that I haven't seen in a while and finding out that someone that I lost contact with,being sick.

Only problem I thought was the parking. Forgot how hard it was, and would have taken the bus over.

Yes, it was great that the Stack brothers heard about their uncle. Hope only the best comes from that.

Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Re: Mudbowl 2011

Postby regina buckley emilio » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:49 pm

as always had a great time. saw some friends who couldn't make it the last 2 years and some old friends who came for the first time. its like hanging outon the corners again. time fades and we are once again young, not that we are old. great times growing up in the neighborhood and great times visiting with old friends. like we saw each other yesterday. hope to see more people next year, that is, if i am not in Texas. who knows.
regina buckley emilio

Return to Stratton Park