Archer Ram pictures

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Archer Ram pictures

Postby bronxyank » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi, I would like to obtain a copy of the group photo thats on the lead page of the Archer Rams, and any other pics, please e -mail me ...bronxht@comcast. net thanks H . Tuttle
Last edited by bronxyank on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bronxyank

Re: Archer Ram pictures

Postby pgirty » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:38 am

Harry - I've sent you a copy of the photograph of the awards ceremony. Let me know if you get it. Patty
pgirty

Postby Don D » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:00 am

Harry,

Patty Girty sent me the original that I also need to return, but I had copies made. Send me your address via email desd44@aol.com and I'll mail one to you this week.

Don Diehl
Don D

Postby tom little » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:56 pm

my brother,ron little played with the rams around 1960,any teammates out there want to get in touch with him, leave me a message ,,tom little
tom little

Postby Don D » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Tom -

Ronnie was friends with my brother Fred.

Send me his email to desd44@aol.com and I will forward it along.

Regards,

Don
Don D

Postby bronxyank » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi, just noticed reply from tom Little,reg. his brother ronnie , i went to p.s.102 with a Ronnie Little, (H.Tuttle Bronxht@comcast.net ) I also played with the Rams.Les, if you rember some of the saints,Kenny Ward,Balerinni and several others joined our team early 1960s I SUBMITTED A FEW Ram pics Hope they helped. your friend Harry ...
bronxyank

Postby Les Sherwood » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Jo
Thank you. i just returned from a visit with Noreen stack and herfamily. We had a good time talking about the Rams and Ed and his coaching.
Would love to hearfrom you on Ed legacy and how his coaching and playing on the Rams impacted you as a youth and later life. We received many tributes to Ed and the Rams. I can't believe how good was the the teams. for the 63-69 period had a winning record .726 and srored 1,259 points vs the opponents' 464. awesome! What do you thing.
If this is dupicate to you before please excuse but I am running around trying to get as most input I can to fish the book.
But this is not only about ed and the Rams.I am try ing to tell some about the great neighborhood, Archer st. and the many good people like fr althat lived in 30-70 's when many away. i iam ncluding some stories about my experiences and would welcome interesting stories about events, people and experiences. We need good stories to round out the story about Archer.
mamy of us go to reuniones, picnic,s" archer boy luncheon (which i oranize now and welcome the "younger older people and break the glass ceiling and have more women, small informal like i go with 3-4 people I knew for than 50 years. Why? Because i en joy seeing people from Archer St. as I find the honest, fun to be aroud etc.
So i can hope you and maybe entice your friends and it does not have to related to sports, etc.
i don't look at myself as an author but a , gathering facts, stories etc. mMaybe I can graduate to that, but at 71 i am happy to be what I am doing for this book.
Lescompilerall the best
Les
Last edited by Les Sherwood on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Les Sherwood

Postby Jo Rizzo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:57 pm

When published, how would we get a copy. Might know someone who is interested.
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Postby Les Sherwood » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:54 am

Jo
Thank you. Just give me their email addresses and regular address.. Mine is lessherwood@comcast.net.
And remember it is not only about Ed's legacy and the Rams . It is also about archer St. and the people including our parents and interesting people like Fr Alessandro(?) and other people who started the Stratton Park little leagues. It was a great neighborhood to grow up in. and don't forget we grew up during an interesting time in 30-70. And have many friends from Archer St who we keep in touch through commuications like this website, facebook, etc., through reunions,picnics, mud bowl, Ifond golf outings in Sept, Archer boy luncheons in Oct(Oct 11th this year) & May(i would like to get more people coming there as it a good time to enjoy old friends. I would like to get )some ladies to come. other get togetherss and small get toghethers like i get toghether with 3-4 friends at Rory Dolon every few months. aAy good story is welcome.
However to meet my date something by in next few weeks by Sept 10th.
Please talk to your friends as many have interesting stories that would be good to be included in this book.
all the best.
Les
Les Sherwood

Re:Ed Stack's Legacy to Archer Rams and Archer St

Postby Les Sherwood » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi All.
We finisded our book on Ed's Legacy and have alredy distributed 115 copies to various ram players and neighborhood peope.
If you wish a copy please send me your addresses. Please circulate this message to those who may be interested as we are relying on word of mouth and notices on this website, only.
I think you will find this tribute to ed interesting.
I send some copies to some who lived outside of Archer St and they found it interesting especcially of the of the bronx and archer St in the 1950's and 1960' that we painted in the book.
I have more copies for those who want them.
All the best.
Les (lessherwood@comcast.net)
31 Church Ln
Madison Ct 06443
Les Sherwood

Postby Les Sherwood » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi
I forgot to say in my previous message we have a lot of pictures of Ed and family, mud bowl games, pictures of the junior team but alas we do not any picture of the older players.
If any of you have pictures of the Rams or know of people who may some please advise as pictures are so important.
Thanks again.
Les Sherwood.
Les Sherwood

Return to Stratton Park