Fathers of Stratton Park

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Fathers of Stratton Park

Postby info » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:34 pm

Happy fathers day to my fellow Stratton Parkers - not only to those that are here, but to those that have gone on before us! Thanks to the fathers for being there for us, for providing for their families and yes, even for smiling when we brought home the horrible father's day art project from school, usually involving macaroni glued to something!

Thanks to the fathers that gave their free time to run the Stratton Park Little League, the bowling league, etc. How many times did we read in the bulletin, or hear from the pulpit that the "men of the parish" helped out with some project like painting the school, church, etc?

So....thanks fathers - wherever you are!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
strattonpark.com
info
Site Admin

Re: Fathers of Stratton Park

Postby Les Sherwood » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi
i know that i am posting a late repy to this interesting post, but then one of this website when one reads old message one may find something that should be remembered.
I was to old play on Stratton Park Little league but i think it is great to hear a thank you to the farthers who organized and ran it so successfully for so many years. so i add by belated Thank you. I knew a lot of friends, although younger than me, that played in the league and have fond memories of the league.
Along with the Archer Rams the Stratton Park Little league was two of important organized sports events that impacted our age group.
As you know we put together a book ,"Ed Stack's Legacy to the Rams and Archer Street". While this book is mainly a tribute to Ed legacy and the Rams it is a brief history (which I would like to expand on) of the neighborhood. I mentioned the league in the book and Fran Donnelly and other players included in his/their inputs, some intersting facts about the league. Like the Rams the league was and is a treasure to the youth of Archer St.
I would really like to expand facts on the league like who stated the league, how many leaguers were each years, number of teams etc.Mostly I would importantly i would to record how playing in the league in your youth and imacted you in later in life.
as we look back on our early lives we realize we were luckly to have good people like Ed Stack and those who were involved with the league and I think we owe a debt of gratitude for their efforts. To me one good way is to record your thank in our book whch is essetially a history of memories of how sports and Archer Street impacted our lives.
Hopefully we get more input on the Rams and the Stratton Park Little league.
Yes I know i am a a bit (probably more than a liitle. however please bear with me as we "mine" the memories of those who were a part of our heritage and unearth those hidden lodestones treasure and record them for posterity.
Thank you for your consideration.
Les (lessherwood@comcast.net
31 Church Lane, madison Ct. 06443
Les Sherwood

Return to Stratton Park