Happy 4th of July...

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Happy 4th of July...

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:02 pm

hello Old & New friends,
Have been feeling like i'm cheating on this website. am really into Facebook. (due to my friend Todd Frenchman)

So I thought I'd share an old 4th of July story. We lived in a 2 family home owned by the Paino's. My mom & Mr Paino "The Chief", loved shooting off fireworks. My mom's specialty was Roman candles.Some years the police came around alot more times than normal. But we had an old stove on our property. My mom had just got a new 1, the week before. So it sat waiting for the sanitation people to pick it up. So mom came up with the idea, to store the fireworks, inside the oven of the stove. so everytime we needed more fireworks. They would take turns removing them from the old stove,which was sitting outside next to the basement door. How for years afterwards, we would laugh about that 4th of July. While cleaning out mom's apt after her death. We found a Roman Candle. It was 1 I gave her on the Bi-Cential, July 4th,1976. She had dated it & marked my initals on it. My Michael set it off a few months after her passing, 30 years later. it still worked. Mom would have enjoyed observed her grandson shooting it off.

Now for some silly trivia: John Adams & his best friend, Thomas Jefferson died a few hours apart on July 4th 1826.

Happy 4th of July to all.....
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Re: Happy 4th of July...

Postby Jo Rizzo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:06 am

Hey Marie Elena

Happy 4th to you. That was a nice story. We do have alot of fond memories.

Will we see you next Saturday for the Annual Bar-b-cue?

Looking forward to seeing everyone

:D Jo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Return to Stratton Park