Archer Ram History

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Archer Ram History

Postby Les Sherwood » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:03 am

[size=150][b]12/5/11

Hi Marie Elena
Our website is not getting much input in the last few months. I guess more people are working on Face book and other social websites.
I wanted to ask for your help, and others are welcome, on a project on the Archer Rams I/ we are working on. I received some good input from some of former players and some fans but I want to expand this to more input from other neighborhood friends, etc, especially the ladies/girls who were fans, which are many. At least I recalled when I went to many games.
As you know we were lucky to have a very good sandlot football team for at least 20 years, won quite a few Champions and coached mainly by Ed Stack and helped by many players as they got older as assistants. Ed was a special coach and important influence on many players over the years. Therefore, this project is a tribute to Ed as a coach and also as a great “Parkey”. I was more of a contemporary of Ed, being a few years younger.
The Rams and Ed were great neighborhood resource and I/we feel need to remember. Once I get input I will put a draft on this website, hoping to get more input and criticisms and suggestions.
I want to thank you in advance for any input and positive criticism or suggestions.
Some suggestions include the following:
1-Memories of the team and their achievements.
2-What do you think how the team benefited the neighborhood and the individuals.
3-Does any you have any records or memories of the team records or opponents like the Saints, Lexingtons, Warriors, etc. The organization was Bronx Umpires League. I went on Bronx Board to check on Sandlot football and also to Bronx Review but I have not much success as yet. Any other suggestions?
4.-What about pictures? Maybe some may have old albums which may have photos of team. A year or so ago I saw a few pictures on the website but they were not many. I will go again. I have a photo and 1969 schedules of annual Awards Dinner that someone sent to me, which is good input.
Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
I know I wrote about this project but I/we feel this is an important thing to do and finish.
Please excuse me if I am coming on persistent which I am. We had a great neighborhood and these things are important to remember, especially for our neighborhood website.
All the best.
Les
Les Sherwood

Re: Archer Ram History

Postby bronxyank » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:41 pm

hi,Les I remember the Black Knights and the championship game we played...we won. one of the players we obtained from the Saints was Kenny ( skinny ) ward....a quaterback. talk to you soon my friend and stay well. Harry Tuttle
bronxyank

Re: Archer Ram History

Postby Les Sherwood » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:25 pm

harry
Thank you for your memory.
i would really appreciate more input on how the Rams affected the players, the neighborhood etc.
merry Christmass.
Les
Les Sherwood

Return to Stratton Park