St. Anthony's School Closing Mass and Reception

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

St. Anthony's School Closing Mass and Reception

Postby info » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Father Miara, pastor at Saint Anthony's has decided to recognize the closing of the school with a special mass and gathering on the feast day of Saint Anthony of Padua, on Thursday, June 13th. This special mass will be celebrated at 9 AM and will be attended by the school children and teachers, both past and present . Parishioners and alumni will also be in attendance and special recognition will be afforded to representatives of The Sisters of Charity who staffed and operated the school for so many, many decades ! A reception will follow, downstairs, in the school auditorium .

Les, would you kindly send out a broadcast message to your e-mail list advising one and all that they are most cordially invited and heartily encouraged to attend. Of course, doing so will demonstrate much needed solidarity with Saint Anthony's Parish . Attendees should advise the rectory accordingly at 718 931 4040 .

Thanks for supporting this event and for getting the word out !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
strattonpark.com
info
Site Admin

Re: St. Anthony's School Closing Mass and Reception

Postby Jo Rizzo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Evening Everyone,

Just wondering is anyone going? I probably will.
Jo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Re: St. Anthony's School Closing Mass and Reception

Postby Jo Rizzo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Went to the mass and reception this morning. A job well done by the Priest, school and parishoners. During the mass the sky's opened up and to me it was all that went before us was crying on this Sad day. As Father said in his homily - or was it one of the sisters that spoke at the end of mass, God has closed this door but will be opening of another better door.

I enjoyed seeing and being with friends. Still, felt like I came home from a funeral. May God bless and guide all the children that are going on to new schools.

Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Return to Stratton Park