Monsignor Scully

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Monsignor Scully

Postby Jo Rizzo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:52 am

Had a flashback of Monsignor Scully today. I went to the 12:30 mass and right after the prayer of the faithful, the pastor made a comment and reprimanded everyone in church! I was back in St. Anthony's (in spirit and memory only)and I really couldn't laugh out loud because I probably would have been called out. As soon as I got out of church, I had to call mom - not even wait til I got home - told her Monsignor Scully soul lives on at our parish!

The whole thing was about not putting flowers on any of the statues because as the flowers rot they stain the statues. If there are two tied together with a little metal, forget about it. Stated that Marble is a soft rock not like granite and that's why it can be sculpture. He also mentioned that by sticking them in the hands that a piece can break off. This would be like what happened to the 600 year old statue in Florence when the finger broke off because of the flower that was placed there constantly by a doctor.

He understood parishoners devotions, but said that there are vases in the sacristy. Just ask for one. The flowers can be put in them and placed in front of the statue. The reason this rang home was that it happen to a friend of ours at a Mass for her mother in St Anthony's and was hollered at by Monsignor Scully. The flowers were on the floor in the sacristy.

Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo
Jo Rizzo

Return to Stratton Park