re: mr parker's comment

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

re: mr parker's comment

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:03 pm

HELLO OLD & NEW FRIENDS,

I WAS READING A STATEMENT REGARDING "OUR WEBSITE". WHICH WAS AT THE END OF A STORY POSTED BY A MR LES PARKER. I'M SO GLAD THAT WE HAVE SOME OLDER STRATTONPARK KIDS, WHO CAN SHARE THE STORIES FROM EARLIER DAYS. AFTER ALL THIS SITE IS NOT JUST ABOUT STRATTON PARK 1950-2008. BUT AS A REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR, I FEEL THAT I NEED TO BRING SOME LIGHT TO THIS STATEMENT.

I WANT TO START THIS, EXPLAINING THAT I AM NOT ONLY A REGULAR, BUT "IN-BETWEEN". WHICH MEANS I HAVE BEEN BLESSED KNOWING SOME OF THE OLD TIMERS, AS WELL AS THE KIDS FROM STRATTON PARK. THIS BECAUSE OF MY MOM & OLDER SIBLINGS. I WAS RAISED ON BEACH AVE. LIVED THERE FROM 1959-82.
SO WHEN SOMEONE STARTS DISCUSSING ON "WHAT OUR SIGHT IS SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT! I JUST HAVE TO PUT IN MY 2 CENTS. SO MR. PARKER, LET ME EXPLAIN. YES, WE SHARE OLD STORIES, TO KEEP THEM FRESH IN OUR HEADS & HEARTS. TO MAKE SOMEONE CHUCKLE,CRY & MAYBE CALL AN OLD FRIEND. OR A PERSON MAY BE GOING THROUGH A ROUGH TIME IN HIS OR HER LIFE. WE ALSO SHARE MESSAGES & TRY TO CONTACT OLD FRIENDS & FAMILY MEMBERS. NO ONE CONSIDERS THIS LIKE A CHAT ROOM. ITS A MULTIPLE OF ITEMS. THAT HAPPENS TO HAVE BEEN STARTED BY A REALLY NICE GUY. I FOUND OUT SOME REALLY NICE THINGS ABOUT MY OWN MOTHER, AFTER SHE PASSED AWAY. FROM PEOPLE WHO KNEW HER, WAY BEFORE I DID! I AM ALSO TIRED OF HEARING SOME PEOPLE HATE THIS SITE, BECAUSE ITS TOO DIFFICULT TO GET ON. WELL I CAN RECALL PEOPLE HATING THE OLD MESSAGE BOARD TOO. THERE IS NO PLEASING EVERYONE. BUT I WANT TO JUST LET THE WEBMASTER KNOW, THAT SOME OF US STILL APPRECIATE THIS SITE. WE NEED TO GET FOLKS BACK ON. BUT GIVE IT TIME. THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE CHURCH IS ALMOST HERE. THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO WILL BE GETTING ON BOARD SOON. I HAVE SPOKEN TO VARIOUS PEOPLE, WHO WISH THEIR OLD NEIGHBROHOOD HAD A SITE. THERE WERE DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE THAT CAME FROM STRATTON PARK.WELL NOW, THERE ARE DIFFERENT TYPES OF MESSAGES BEING POSTED. STAY SAFE SPECIAL FRIENDS. SEE YOU IN MAY. MARIE-ELENA[/b]
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:14 pm

HELLO AGAIN OLD FRIENDS,
ONCE AGAIN, I HAVE MADE AN ERROR. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT . I MEANT TO SAY LES SHERWOOD. WASN'T LES PARKER AN OLD ACTOR? NO I AM NOT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANY MEDICATIONS OR ALCOHOL. MAYBE I SHOULD! I JUST GET A BIT CONCERNED WHEN PEOPLE GET UPSET WITH OUR SITE. I START TYPING TOO QUICKLY & DON'T PROOF READ IT. MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I'M RAISING TEENAGERS. JUST FORGIVE ANOTHER CRAZY ERROR. I HOPE I HAVE NOT OFFENDED ANYONE. STAY SAFE AND SEE YOU IN MAY.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

FES PARKER

Postby bronxbombertoo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:02 pm

:D You are absolutely right....Fess ( no less) Parker was an actor who played "Davey Crockett" on TV in the 50's......he starred in a couple of other Western movies, and played football as a walk-on at the University of Texas. Like many Hollywood types of that era, he did not enjoy residuals and, made his fortune instead in real estate............having said that, he really wasn't all that tough, and I doubt if he could have survived the NY GIANTS/GREEN BAY PACKERS BUS TRIP OF 1962!!
Now many kids at that time had a Davey Crockett coonskin cap...you know who you are!!.........and which street in the neighborhood would you guess had the most chiln' with coonskin caps adorning their heads---even in the summer months?.........HINT: which street had the most and largest vacant lots in the Davey Crockett era?...............no cheating.............
bronxbombertoo

Postby matt keenan » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:49 am

Hello All: Let me see. First of all is the "Bronx Bomber Too" John Tell? This is an interesting question about lots. I believe I had one of those Davey Crockett Hats and I believe it was the middle 50's. Now, at that time we had four lots on Beach Avenue located across from 1574 Beach; at Beach and Archer and two more down near Guion. However, there were three on Thieriot whiwhose size would dwarf those on Beach located at the 102 playground before it was constructed and after the houses there were leveled along with the other two where the co-ops now stand. But there was another lot on Thieriot across from the Cross Bx Exprwy which is now a little park. So maybe Thieriot had four lots also. So, if you're looking for the number of lots I'd say Beach Avenue but the street encompassing the most lot area would be Thieriot. Maybe it's a tie with Beach and Thieriot. Maybe I'm totally wrong and it's another street. Oh, well, I tried.

Marie-Elena, you pose an interesting question. The old site had problems with access because of spam. I first wasn't thrilled with this site format but have adapted and have learned to like it just as much as the old one. While the writing participation seems to be much less it seems the readership is very strong. Maybe we have just run out of things to say. Personally, I think it is great that the site can be used to share memories or join folks together with there personal exchanges. The more the Merrier. I appreciate Mike Cronin and Marion for their dedication to keep the site going and appreciate that the site is actually dedicated to the memory of Mike Cronin's grandfather, a stratton park resident. There just seems to be one problem and that is the intrusion on the site by those who trespass against us with nonsense, but I choose to ignore it and I see that Mike quickly evicts them from the premises. By the way, I heard there is a football game on today. Is that true?, Enjoy. I have a Trivia Scavenger Hunt to be posted in a few days. Love, Peace and Happiness. Matty Keenan
matt keenan

vacant lots Beach Ave & Croos Bx Exprwy

Postby 7forever » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:45 am

How many forts where built with old Christmas trees than watch them burn down ?
1451 Taylor Ave Super . Father Whitey Holz
7forever

Postby JohnTell » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:38 pm

Sorry Matty...I am not posting under any assumed names at the present time... :D

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Return to Stratton Park