Where is...

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Where is...

Postby JohnTell » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:36 am

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Archie(Skull) Murphy...Archie would have a few people over every Friday night for soda and chips whilst his parents were out...he was also a great pitcher who if he could've pitched every game would have led Stratton Park to Williamsport....

Jimmy Carolan a question for you, has anyone ever discovered "who put the ashes on Richards bed"...? :wink:

Maybe I'll have better luck than my search for Larry Cole... :(

JohnT :shock: [/list]
JohnTell

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:31 am

John,

I have asked myself the same question many times. Maybe Bob "Farmer" Hillman could shed some light on it. As you know Archie and Bob were quite close. Archie and I formed the battery for Hoer's Bakery in Stratton Park Little League. I can attest to Archies considerable talents as a pitcher. As for the "Skull" reference for those of you who did noy know him, he had the worlds hardest head. Case in point, he would grab a "No Parking Sign" and jerk the pole back and forth until it was vibrating at a good pace and then let it bang of his head repeatedly. You could hear it "pinging" of his skull.

John, we never knew "who put the ashes in Richard's bed" however the list of suspects is quite lengthy. Do you remember listening to his fathers Flip Wilson Comedy Albums? I seem to remember one where Flip was Christopher Columbus searching for the New World while shouting "pull over, back up, watch out for edge". Ah those were the days my friend.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Return to Stratton Park