Another Successful Mud Bowl!

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Thanks, Harry Kelly, for all your hard work. How great is it reconnect with people you haven't seen in years! Marie-elena, hang in there with those teenagers, and Linda Hall, please, please, please start posting again. And Kevin Clark, thanks for recognizing me. I guess I don't look that bad!!!
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:13 am

hello old & new friends,
well marion, you got home before me. so you got to start this subject. it was great to see you & mike again, as always. thanks for the encouraging tconversation re: teenagers & driving.
so many people i spoke with tonite. please forgive me, if i don't mention you. first, let me say thanks to my dearest childhood friend sue. dancing and laughing with you. is always a blast. cathy. as always my dear friend. i can't believe we only know each othe one. year. i feel like i know you a lifetime. sometimes i don't have to finish a statement. you just know how i feel. linda. my dearest. please know how special you are in my heart stella, you are always so much fun to see. jane, you never change. it was fun hitting the dance foor with you. to my special buddies, eileen and dorothy. what can i say. i'm so glad that you are not only my sister's friends. but now mine too. i can't forget to mention my other childhhod buddy, kenny doyle. it's always fun seeing you.it was nice making new friends/dancing partners. especially regina. ruthie. don't worry about our age. as long as you keep dancing. you will be young. matty it's always a pleasure to see you. tommy holz, i have to say, i'm glad we got to chat. both bugsy's. it was great to see you too. donald d. it was nice to chat. so many old friendly faces. that made me smile. it makes me remember how lucky i was to grow up in stratton park. last but not least. harry kelly. thanks for all your hard work. you always do such a great job. we are all so lucky to have you running this special occasion for us.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby JohnTell » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:18 am

Marion and Marie I concur with you both...it was the best MudBowl ever, even my cousin Martin was there ...

(I say that every year)... :wink:

Mikey Mulroy, I appreciate how you so greatly admired my Archer Street T-shirt... here is the web site , they have a wide variety of merchandise(I should get a cut from Archer St. sales)...http://www.streetsrmine.com/...now I want to see you post something here Mikey... :lol:

Sarah McManus it was nice to see how well you and your sister "Eleanor" treat your older brother Timmy..be kind to him ... :D ...

Regina Buckley to think I haven't seen you in so long and we are practically neighbors...tell your little brother Ricky who the heck I am(he'll know what I mean)... :lol:

Bridget Clancy I was only trying to see if YOU recognized me... :D

Donald Deihl was confirmed as the 2nd biggest BB in Archer Street history... just ask Ellie...:wink:

Jack still has the moves on the dance floor, that is according to Linda Hall...Dolphin Doc is thinking of hiring them for Saturday nights....poor Matty Keenan was grounded after some oaf(who shall remain nameless) stepped on his foot TWICE!...now if Cathy M. would only play something "good" on the Internet juke box, Bugsy tried to give guidance, to no avail ... :lol: ...

The other "Bugsy", Bugsy Clark promised me the entire Clark clan will be at the big soiree on 5/31/08...Mal Mulligan made a similar declaration for the Mulligans...that takes care of half the population of Theriot Avenue... 8)

Kevin Bourke and his kid brother Johnny as they say, "represented"... :D

Jimmy Carolan gave up Pat's secret to her youthful appearance email them for the formula... :wink: ..now all I need is the lowdown on how Al "Slip" Mahoney does it... :?

Harry Kelly another fine job...when it comes to collecting money you have learned at the feet of a master, Big John is oh so proud...:wink:

One last thing, don't forget to get your tickets for the St. Anthony's Centennial/Neighborhood reunion, Mike Cronin has done a yeoman like job in setting up the payment link and made it so easy you can simply click your way to Mount St. Michaels on 5/31/08...

It promises to be THE GALA EVENT of the 21st century... a real Archer Street extravaganza ...a sure classic not to be missed...if you don't have a good time you will get a full refund*(see Eddie Doc or Packy Hanley)... :lol:

*j/k :shock:
Last edited by JohnTell on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnTell

bowl

Postby Linda Hall » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Well John I have to say you are always on the money..Jack did rock the house again..To Marion,Marie and Cath thanks for making my day even better with your company..Martin it was soo great seeing you again.I hope this is not the last time you decide to make a party.Kenny Doyle nice seeing you too.Benny it is always great seeing you my old school chum.Sue all us girls had the floor there for awhile.I heard you all went into the night from a little birdie and I should not have went home.The party was just getting started..Matty I hope your foot is feeling better..John you are too much but what would we do without you.Anyway I am leaving so many out and not meaning to do so but you are not forgotten in anyway.You made the party that was a success that Harry always does such a great job putting together.Hay thanks it was great. To all who could not make it there is always next yr.All the best Linda Hall a Stratton Park friend P.S.To a special friend you were there with us in spirit pretty and that being my special friend Claire.. I wove ya pretty..Betty where were you?Well I had to do over as I lost my original post.I mentioned many other folks who I had so much fun talking with YOU know who you are..Linda glad you made it with the rest of the girls Donna and Ruthanne.Marianne I wished you were there too.Next time...My best to you all...
Linda Hall

Postby Cathy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:59 pm

What a great Mudbowl! Harry, you never disappoint. Thanks for all the effort you put in.

It's always fun to see the varying mix of people who show up. There are always the fabulous regulars and then some who we may not have seen in a few years.

- While my good friends Patty and Mary Lamasney were away on a trip, they were well represented by their brother Martin, and of course no Mudbowl would be complete with John Tell and his unrelentless good-natured teasing (you were just kidding, right John?).

- Talking to a few people I haven't spoken to before...Tommy Holtz, the two Lappe brothers, and that big strapping guy who told me that during one game (a mud bowl, i think) Buggsy left his footprint in the middle of this guy's chest...lol.

- So good to see Pat and Danny Tuffo. They moved to Fla last year, but just happened to be in town for another occasion, so it worked out great. We're hoping that such serendipitous timing will happen again during the May 31st weekend.

- To the dancing girls...including Eileen, Linda, Marie-Elena (with an injured knee, no less), Stella, Sue and others...thanks for adding to the fun. Oh, and Jack, great rendition of Paradise By the Dashboard Light...we women loved playing the role of Ellen Foley to your Meatloaf.

Anyway, it was so good to share in such a good time with people with whom we share so many memories. The McManuses' grandmother used to babysit for me and my brother. Big John Burke was kinda head of household in that Hamptons house of 1970. Jerry Brennan...well, too many stories about THAT guy.

So many people, I can't mention (or remember) them all, but I know I have some good pictures of the Carolans, Owen Purcell, The Deihls, Buggsy Clark, Al Mahoney, Matty Keenan, Hugh Naan and many others. I will post them as soon as I figure out how to get them on my computer. I'm kinda lost unless my daughter is available...but i WILL try.

Special thanks to the Cronins who not only run a great website, but also have done so much to support the events for St Anthony's 100th Anniversary. And last but not least, thanks to Carmen Rivera and Margaret Comaskey for manning the table holding the information about the Anniversary events and souvenir journal. Both of these women continue to work behind the scenes, generously giving their time and efforts to help make the Anniversary events a real success.

And now for a brief commercial...Please sign up early for the Reunion Dinner/Dance. This website has made it so easy...it only takes a minute, and it will help us plan better if people sign up sooner rather than later.

Cheers to all!

Cathy
Cathy

Postby Kathleen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:28 pm

John Tell, I don't know what the secret is to Pat Carolan's or Al Mahoney's youthful appearance. I do know that Harry has always attributed it to the cheap beer that he drinks; he says it acts as a preservative. Every time I look in the mirror I think maybe I should start drinking! I'm glad you all had a good time Sunday, hope to be up to NY in May. Take care.

Kathleen
Kathleen

Postby JohnTell » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:15 am

Kathleen... "cheap beer" eh...hmmm...I don't know about that...If thats all it took then I should look like the Gerber Baby... :P

Speaking of May...I hope to see you at the St. Anthony's/Neighborhood reunion on 5/31...

"It promises to be THE GALA EVENT of the 21st century... a real Archer Street extravaganza ...a sure classic not to be missed...if you don't have a good time you will get a full refund*(see Eddie Doc or Packy Hanley)..."

*j/k :shock:
JohnTell

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 pm

hello old & new friends,
in regards to cheap beer, the secret fountain of youth beverage. did anyone else notice, that there were very few bald headed gentlemen? sure the hair may be gray. but there were very few that didn't have a full head of hair. happy vaeltines day, to all.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Postby Cathy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Marie-Elena

Happy Valentine wishes back to you AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Cathy

2008 Mud Bowl

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Ditto all the kudos regarding this year's "Mud Bowl". As always the "usual suspects" were on hand Cathy and Bugs, Jack, John Tell, Big John, The Diehl's, Hughie Naan, Joe Larkin to name a few. Great to see Regina Buckley and her brother Ricky made it. It seems the Lappe's and Mike and Judy Prior are making a habit of attending. Judy despite what you heard from Miss Anastasio, I was always the consumate gentleman. Her sister Nancy must have me mistaken for another classmate.

Kevin Bourke made an appearance after a few absences. He had his son Timmy, a student at The Maritime Academy, with him. A handsome boy, good thing he takes after his mother. We missed you Joani. Harry once again, great job, what more can you say. Mal Mulligan, Mike Mulrow bring your brothers next time.

A highlight for me was seeing Sarah Mc Manus again. Many a night we walked home together from the "corner" to White Plains Road. While sitting on a car outsides Jack's candy store, we talked and talked about life and love. Sarah, you will always be a great memory for me. Good to see Timmy again as well.

A final note, I would like to know who was responsible for keeping my brother Bobby out until 4AM? He is not as young as he once was and the recuperation
process has slowed considerably.

Ciao!!!

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Don D » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:32 pm

Again, kudo's to everyone who year after year make an effort to make it to this re-union wherever it's held and thanks Harry for keeping it going.

It's always interesting the mix of people you get every year. This year, there were only a few of the older Archer St Rams - "Big" John Burke, Bugsy Merandino, Jerry Brennan, Howie Ruben, Jimmy Kelly, Steve Tokash & of course "Dolpin" Doc. There were many of my contemporaries who played for the Rams - Jim & Bobby Carolan, Jack Cusack, Harry Kelly, John Tell, Kevin Bourke, Joe Larkin, Joe Bello, Eddie Sheehan, Hughie Naan, Mike Prior, Mike Monahan and a few that I even coached on the Rams - Mal Mulligan, Kevin "Bugs" Clark, Kenny Doyle.

Teammates from our Softball Team the Grunks - Harry Kelly, Joe Bello, Mike "Goose" Hines, Mike Mulrow, Jim "Benny" Benkovic.

I had some my old classmates from St.Anthony's - Kevin Bourke, Kevin Lauth, Regina Buckley & Bridget Clancy who all look great!!! Well maybe not the Kevin's!!!

And plenty of old friends or brothers, sisters, uncles & aunts of old friends and always good to see.

Next year, everyone should try to bring an old friend or family member along who hasn't made it in a few years. It's always great to see faces of the people from our past.

Have a great year and hope to see everyone at the St.Anthony's 100th Anniversary celebration in May.

Best regards to all!

Don Diehl
Don D

Postby regina buckley emilio » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:22 pm

okay, this may be two for two. just wanted to say that ricky and i had a great time at the Mud Bowl, glad Kenny reminded him. John Tell, good to see you, and after that smack in the head, Ricky now remembers what you look like. It was great to see the Carolans, Bobby, Jimmy and Pat, the Diehls, Donald and Ellie, Kevin and his son, but i was said that i did not get to see his brother John. Bridget Clancy Auer, it was great to see you. Dancing together again was like Teen Night on Wednesdays on stage, becuse the boys had to play basketball on the gym floor. Hope this goes through. We look forward to seeing everyone at the anniversary in May. Love to all, Regina and Ricky Buckley.
regina buckley emilio

Return to Stratton Park