Cold Case 1466 St. Lawrence Ave

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Cold Case 1466 St. Lawrence Ave

Postby matt keenan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:32 am

Hello All: Well here's a spooky doozy of a story for you. :shock: I was was just puttsing around getting ready for the morning when I heard a promo for a news story after a commercial about West Farms. Low and behold it was really about Strattan Park. Apparently this fellow bought a house at 1466 St. Lawrence about 6 months ago. I guess that it is near Merrill Street. My Mom's first apartment was at 1420 St. Lawrence about 1942. Anyway, the yard had a shed which the guy was in the process of removing. While digging he found a gun and then human remains. :cry: The medical examiner was called in and is in the process of doing his evaluation. :?: I don't know how to do a follow up on a story like this but I will sure try. Well with that bit of wonderful news I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Love, Peace and Happiness, Matt Keenan
matt keenan

Postby Linda Hall » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:48 am

Matty that is spooky! I wonder how long the body was there?Right in our own neighborhood could of been there for ever well :roll: you know what I mean a long time.You must try and keep us posted or I myself will look into it.Sounds like an unsolved mystery story.
Linda Hall

Postby JohnTell » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:48 am

As soon as I read this I thought of Mayor Rick :cry: but then I realized his address was in the fifteen hundreds on St Lawrence...

You're off the hook Ricky... :D

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Postby JohnTell » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:17 am

Bones, Gun Found Embedded In Cement Behind Bronx Home - News Story - WNBC | New York

http://www.wnbc.com/news/13507178/detail.html

Here is a link to a ~~ of the story...why do they all call it Parrkchester... BLECCCCHHHHH

JohnTell

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:52 am

News 12 the Bronx said authorities think the body has been there since the 1970s. Hmm - did anyone go missing back then?
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby matt keenan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:16 am

Hello All: Well I started this topic so I might as well finish it. It appears from the medical examiners findings, as reported on Channel 7 Eyewitness News, the bones found in the concrete base of the shed were not human bones. But there was a gun also. So I guess the cold case at 1466 St. Lawrence is now a very strange closed case. Have a good day and weekend. Love, Peace and Happiness. Matt Keenan
matt keenan

re; cold case 1466 St. Lawrence

Postby Mike Clark » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:00 am

The gun was real, the bones are not human. Why non human bones were cut up and buried, lord knows. If they were recent, which they are not, you could blame Santeria or VooDoo or whatever they are doing now a days on St. Lawrence.
Mike Clark

Postby JohnTell » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:55 pm

Mike Clark, I too was wondering why non human bones would be "buried" like that...maybe somebody knew that doing so would create quite a stir in the future, as it certainly did...

I am trying to figure out who lived in 1466 St Lawrence...I know a few people who lived in that vicinity but I can't say who it might've been without possibly branding an innocent party... :?

Anyone remember who lived in 1466?...

Jimmy Carolan who I normally rely on for such information, has been, believe it or not, NO help what so ever in answering this important and vital question ... :wink:

JohnTell

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:58 pm

As much as I hate to admit it, I let John Tell down on this one. I don't know if I can stand the humiliation. Falling from the pedestal John had put my memory on might be fatal. I will try to regain his trust however; he has very high standards.

Jimmy Carolan :cry:
Jimmy Carolan

Postby JohnTell » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:00 am

Jimmy don't feel bad we've all lost a few miles per hour off our fastballs... :D

But not too worry,I'll still be relying on you and not brother Rob when I need confirmation on any reminiscences of our beloved neighborhood... :lol:

JohnTell

Return to Stratton Park