Trivia for readers

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Trivia for readers

Postby matt keenan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:22 pm

Hello All: Hope all is well. Here is a trivia question for those who have less than 5 postings which is approximately 105 site registrants leaving about 11 of the regular writers out of the loop. Sorry, for the 11 but congrats to the 105. Here is the question with a premise. Stratton Park has very distinct boubdaries, White Plains Road, Tremont Ave, Noble Ave, Bronx River Ave and Cross Bronx Expressway Service Road. What is basically around or sorrounding Stratton Park on a majority of these boundaries but is not within these boundaries. Basically what you have on the boundaries will not be found within. them Believe it or not there is more than one answer but there is only one I am looking for because of the predominant nature over the others. Thanks, in advance for giving it a try. Love, Peace and Happiness, Matt Keenan
matt keenan

Trivia

Postby Don D » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:05 am

For Matt Keenan - all of the boundaries of Stratton Park were 2 way streets which I believe only Taylor Ave was 2 way inside.
Don D

Postby matt keenan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:48 pm

Hello Donald: Thanks for chiming in on the question. Your on the right route but the Bronx Cross Expressway Service road is one way and since Taylor is a two way street would mean that there is something inside the boundaries that is not outside. So what is on the outside boundaries but not within? Don, do you have ESP? You took away my next question which was going to be what was one thing on the inside that was really two and you answered that question with Taylor Ave., the only two way street before I even asked it, pretty good deal or should I say your a pretty good Diehl. Anyway, we have about 110 more folks who can chip in on this and Don you cangive it another ride. Have a good day. Love, Peace and Happiness. Matt Keenan
matt keenan

Postby Joe Anastasio » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:42 am

Hey Matt,
The only thing I can think of is Mass Transit.
Joe Anastasio

Postby matt keenan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:13 pm

Hello Joe: Good job: I was just about to put the question up to the whole board. Yes, bus stops and city buses. I guess we had the Q 44, the 40 and I'd imagine the later installation of some number of 13 going down White Plains Rd. I may be wrong on that one. I believe it came later on. Thanks, you just took the 100 plus off the hook. By the way Joe, did you know that Luis Vasquez who just put up a few posts also lived in your apartment on Guerlain. Small world. Have a good day and good weekend to all. Love, Peace and Happiness and be well. Matty
matt keenan

Postby Don D » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:45 pm

The 36 Bus also ran along the x-Bronx.
Don D

Postby Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:07 am

Hi All:

I am so horrible with directions so please Matt correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there also a 42 bus that ran I believe up and down Westchester Ave. by the train ??? I don't know if that encrouched in the Stratton Park Area anywhere or maybe not.... :oops: I know you gave specifics but that wouldn't help me because I am one of those girls who if you said "the Bakery on the corner to the dress shop down the road " to explain borders I would get it in a second :lol: but when you get too direct and correct with the details and leave out the stores and the land marks I would get lost going around the block :oops:
Regards and Best To all Always,

Patsy
Pat (Jacob) Abbamonte

Trivia for readers

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:39 pm

as always i have to try & guess a trivia question. i am going to say "gas stations". there was 1 by noble & cross bx, another on beach & east tremont.also white plains rd & east tremont. hope i'm right
marie-elena (ferracano) r

Return to Stratton Park