Our family Made House Calls

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Our family Made House Calls

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:37 am

Here is a distant memory for you. Our family doctor's office was in the neighborhood, I believe it was on Wood Avenue. WHen my brother or I got sick as kids (I'm talking like chicken pox or measles sick), he made house calls to our apartment on Taylor with his little black doctor's bag. When was the last time you remember any Internist/GP making a house call? His name was Doctor Katz. Does anyone remember him?

Eddie
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Tim Sweeney » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:09 pm

I remember a Dr. Wilner who also made house calls. His office was on White Plains Road near Westchester Avenue.....Be Well
Tim Sweeney

Postby irishgirl2 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:19 pm

i remember a doctor visiting I guess maybe mid 70's? I remember when my sister got sick there was a doc that made house calls. I know my own dr back then was Dr. Casey
irishgirl2

Dr. Katz

Postby Mike Clark » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:07 pm

Dr. Katz worked out of a small medical building on McGraw Ave. off Pugsley. When you and
your brother were scratching and itching from the measels so was half the families in the neighbor- hood. During these breakout times Katz was Parkchester's and Archer St.'s medical bag man. I'd bet that between 1500 and 1520 Thieriot Ave. he'd make more then a 1/2 dozen stops and medicate a couple score of virulely infected preteens. It made sense for him to do it that way being his office was always packed with the local aged population.
Dr. Katz was a nice guy. As a child I couldn't figure out that if he was a good doctor why he never did anything about the large bump on his left temple. I wounder if you remember that thing.
Anyway, I would like to know if anyone ever heard from Mary Mucci, class of 69. She seemed to be the most worldly kid in an eight grade class.
Later!
Mike Clark

Postby JohnTell » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Timmy Sweeney |!!!

Great to see you on the board.. hope to hear and see more of you ...:D

JohnT :shock:
JohnTell

Return to Stratton Park