Congers Picnic

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Congers Picnic

Postby JohnTell » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:55 am

My ribs are still hurting from laughing... :lol:

The highlight of the day for me was seeing Vinny Ambrosi...Vinny had us all in bent over with laughter with quite a few funny reminiscents from yesteryear...it was really a fun day enjoyed by all...my mother had a grand time and I finally had to tell her it was time to go at 7:30PM...I WAS GETTING TIRED... :D

Kudos to the Donald and Chris Metscher along with Cathy and Buggsy Merindino for organizing this annual event...

It was nice to meet Marion and Mike Cronin who we all owe a debt of gratitude for maintaining this site helping us all to keep in touch...

JohnT :shock:

PS...John Flynn and Patty(nee Cooke) are reportedly still at the picnic unable to leave, they were last seen saying goodbye to the parking attendant... :lol:
JohnTell

Postby FRANK SIMONE 1 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:56 am

Good morning First I have to say I am sorry for leaving early yesterday with out saying thank you to all of you or good bye my son wasn't feelinhg well and I had to get back home to him. I thought was so great to see everyone yesterday Some I knew from Archer Street some I just met for the first time but probibly knew your family What a great bucn of people!!! It was even nice to meet some people from where I lived by Castle Hill we knew all the same people... I lived on Castle Hill but I had the most fun on Archer street. It was a great place and what made it so great was the people like you!
We couln't ask for a better day the food was great the sun was out and you all made the day!
Maria Laina Thanks for the save! See you in S&D's Say Hi To Sue
I hope this message gets posted it is like the 10th one I tryed to post and took me about 24hours to try and remember how it works (lol)
Thanks again Keep in touch. Frank Simone(Pioneer)
Fsimone@milbermakris.com or TheFrankNY1@aol.com

Please keep in touch
FRANK SIMONE 1

Postby matt keenan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:03 pm

Hello All: John T. You're absoltely on the money. It was a pleasure to meet your Mom we had a nice chat, and she's a real trooper. What a gorgeous and wonderful day. A special thanks to Don, Chris, Cathy and Bugsy for all the behind the scenes stuff they do to make the picnic the great day it is. Oh yea, Don thanks for those neighborhood pictures you posted around, it gave a nice touch. Cathy, thanks for the those pina collada's, yes I had more than one. And Linda Hall, how about those bubbles, kites, plastic sunglasses and other goodies like the 15th Anniversary Picnic cake, Oh how sweet it is. It was great chatting with those who were there before Jim Benkovic, Purdy, Rickie (Mayor) Mills, Harry, John T and Annie, Betty Kelly, Maria-Elena, Maureen Savage, Pat and Mary Lamaz, Pat Cooke, Noreen Horan, Tom Anderson, Tommy and Mary Heckler, Jim Carolan and Steve and Vivian who were saying hello when I was saying good-bye. And then, to see and chat with those I haven't seen in about 40 years, a blast from the past, like Laura Fitzgerald Anderson, Chris Wagner Metzner, and Tommy Diehl whom we shared some miltary draft stories from 1970. Of course I can't forget Vinnie. My first childhood friend whom I've been trying to get in touch with for years and now can be in touch with all the time. Goosebumps. Hey, Vinnie, next time bring your "bones box" I'm sure you have some great godies in there. How good can it get. Oh yea, Vinnie's brother-in-law Tony Barbato and cousin Johnny Pontillo, it was great to see you guys fit right in and thanks for getting Vinnie there and taking Lind up on her persistent gentle prodding. Almost Lastly, it was good to see our web site creator and his wife Marion, and he already has pictures posted on the home page. Nice job Mike. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to chat with you more, next time, for sure. Almost done here. It was heartwarming to say the least that we had about 9 of us together from the St. Anthony's graduating class of 64. How about that, almost half the class, what a gas that was. Joe Mac, I'm sure you got some interesting candid camera moments, as always and am looking forward to seeing them posted as you always do. I know I must of left some folks out, sorry if I did, it was a little overwhelming but wonderful. Finally, yes I am done, to those who said they would put me in touch with folks who could provide info regarding the dedication of 102 playground in the name of Ed Stack, like football, basketball and softball for guys and gals, please feel free to get the info to me, the sooner the better. Have a great day, stay cool, Happy Trails to you, all, Till we meet again. Love, Peace and Happiness, Matt Keenan
matt keenan

Postby Jimmy Carolan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:19 pm

Sounds like everyone had a grand time at the picnic. Ditto the thanks to Donald and Chris Metscher, Cathy and Bugs and everyone involved in making an event like this happen. Pat and I were only able to stop bye for about an hour or so however; seeing Vinnie and Frankie "Coyote" made it special. I was able to get my cousin Steven Carolan on the phone to speak with "Mayor" Rick and Vinnie, Frankie "Coyote" had to pass on using the cell phone due to a conflict with his defibrilator. Rumor has it a fishing trip is a possibility. Great to see Tommy and Laura Anderson again. Laura thought it had been 40 years. Probably closer to 30 but whos counting. John T, great to see your mom again. I told her my mother used to say "Alice Tell told me remember, you may have great vision but you can't see from White Plains Road to Archer and Taylor". She recounted a story where my mom called her in an effort to locate my brother "ROB" who apparently was AOL and with my father on his way home, was trying to save his ass. I wish we could have stuck around to see everyone who came but there is always next year.

Jimmy Carolan
Jimmy Carolan

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:12 pm

Thanks to all who made Saturday such a spectacular day. I think Matt Keenan pretty much covered everyone. It was a delight meeting you all. Special thanks to Cathy for those awesome pina coladas and Marie-elena for your skillful handling of the barbecue. Also, Linda so nice to see you again. You look fantastic!
By the way, do I owe somebody a set of beads as I went home with the ones that magically appeared for me. Let me know!!!!
Marion Farrell Cronin

Return to Stratton Park