old friends

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

old friends

Postby gmark » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:33 am

Hi i never knew this site existed. I am a St.Anthony's and St. Raymond's alumni. I grew up on Theriot Ave. 1520 to be exact. 102 park was the best. From the stickball games to climbing the roof connected to the school in the backyard, to Balaban, to putting clay into milk tops and taking the metal pieces off the legs of scholl desks and playing scelsie(don't know if I spelled it correct), to just hanging out. Does anyone remember Roy the taxi cab driver for MY WAY cab company. When he came around with the cab you better run. I am hoping to run into some of my old friends. Alex Duenas, Joseph Marquez, Julie Negron, Karen Cosme ( the love of my life: just kidding), Elendria, Debbie, Adrian, etc.. There are so many you know who you are.
You can email me also@ gmark75@ol.com

George Zadrima
gmark

Old friend

Postby irishgirl2 » Thu May 08, 2008 7:14 pm

When I saw the picture of Stevie the ice cream man it all came back to me! I have some recollection of my years on Commonwealth Ave. It was great back then as my grandparents lived on the ground floor on Merril Street. I was able to back then walk home from St.Anthonys school. Now forget about that! My favorite teacher back then was my first grade teacher Ms. Fair. My years in the Bronx I will forever treasure! I just have one wish right now! I had a friend back then in the early 70's at St.Anthony's school. She was my first friend and I rememeber like it was yesterday. When I think if her I feel a closeness to her. I remember when my grandfather I went there for a little while one day. My parents at the time needed someone to watch me for a bit. My friends name was Lisa Schneider. At the time she had 1 brother and 1 sister. I think there names were Frankie and Susan. Lisa was the oldest of the three of them. I am hoping that someone somewhere will be able to give me some information. I recall them living either on Beach Ave or Taylor Ave.
irishgirl2

Return to Stratton Park