hello old & new friends

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

hello old & new friends

Postby marie-elena (ferracano) r » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:22 am

just want to tell all those wonderful people that showed up for the congers lake picnic. THANKS. i had a wonderful time. i enjoyed all the grilling. so sorry if i took over someone in particular's job! but i had a blast seeing old friends & new. got a bit flattered, with all the comments about being missed on this site. to tony b. my guardian angel,his cousin john. frank simone & a few others. don't give up on this site yet. contact me or 1 of the others & we will walk you thru it. to marion, thanks for being such a doll. also cathy, for keeping her promise & keeping my glass full & making me feel wonderful and welcomed,as well as chris & her husband. my buddy linda hall for bringing such cute stuff. forgive for not wearing my "lei",but was afraid it would catch on fire at the grill. for all the lovely conversations from people i hardly knew, tommy diehl & a few others. too many to name. can not forget matty, who was so kind as to bring me to the picnic,always wonderful conversations & memories with you. to gerard,jimmy hepburn,mike c & joe mac,thanks for the laughter. but joe you didn't keep ur promise. there was to be "no" photos of me from the chest down. hate the 1 on the homepage.will forgive you,this time. to a special lady, who has agreed with me to stop our bad habit of smoking. i won't say your name. but thanks for the encouragement. i am trying. how about you? we will be cigarette -free at the next reunion!

now regarding some people who feel that this site is still too clickish or chatroom like. i have been on chatrooms,have been on the bronxboard & other similar sites. this is not chatty. if we seem a bit chatty,at times,maybe someone has brought up a topic,that brings back wonderful memories,that we all want to share. its because we want to keep this wonderful site going. if you just want to search for someone or mention something that you feel may be important to some. than post a new topic. this new way of leaving messages may be confusing to some. but at least we don't have to get insulted by a few nasty people, or read something that has nothing to do with us personally. i know i have been a regular for over a year now. have tried to come up with ideas/memories that would keep some of the "older crowd",as well as a few of the younger ones involved. i love the trivia questions.sometimes i don't have a clue on what the subject is about,but i learn something new, everytime. i don't want to sound like i am on a soapbox,preaching. thats not me. i just want this lovely site to continue. it has helped some of us get thru some rough times.has reunited some wonderful old friends & helped some of us make new friends. now that i am no longer that blonde,banana curled little girl,that my sister got stuck babysitting! i enjoy being with old & new friends at our get-togethers. i have met some wonderful people and hope to continue seeing them & meeting others in the future. so keeping typing away old friends & bringing back wonderful memories.
marie-elena (ferracano) r

congers picnic

Postby don metscher » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:43 pm

I just want to thank all attendees for making the 15th annual picnic such a success with by far the largest turn out yet.

Special thanks go to the co-host cathy/bugsy. Next year we promise to rent a trailor for all the extras you bring.

Mary Elena it was nice meeting you and indeed you have a job as future grillmaster as im sure that is one duty that bugs will gladly pass on after all his years on the grill.

Linda Hall thank you for all the little extras you bring, quite a gal, and your influence in getting this years guest of honor "vinnie" to come. Looks like he will become a regular.

The Cronins sorry I never got to say hello but thank you for bringing all the tropps together via your website that adds to the success of any neighborhood events.

I received a few suggestions on next years event but if anyone else has any ideas pass them on.

don metscher
don metscher

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Dear Don - we are sorry as well we didn't get a face to face introduction - hope at least we waved to you.! It's difficult to talk to everyone with so many people. I know there was a lot of food left over - I saw this idea on another web sit. They went by alphabetical order, for instance:

If you last name starts with

A, B or C - bring potato salad
D, E or F - bring a macaroni salad

and down the alphabet until all items are covered. I have never tried this and don't know if it also results in too much food. Think about it - or reject it -
my feelings won't be hurt!

Take care.

Marion
Marion Farrell Cronin

Re: hello old & new friends

Postby nick drewes » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 am

You go girl. You and your family will always be part of my past. It was people like your family that helped me turn out the way I am now. Please say hello to your brothers and sister. :wink:
nick drewes

the cronins re: picnic

Postby don metscher » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:33 pm

i have a bunch of pics of congers picnic. do you want me to forward them to you for web page. if so how do i do that
regards
don metscher
don metscher

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:40 am

Don, you can forward the pictures to info@strattonpark.com. Looking forward to seeing them!
Marion Farrell Cronin

Return to Stratton Park