Tour of School & Church

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Tour of School & Church

Postby matt keenan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:14 am

Hello All. It's been a few months since I've posted a message. As we all know the Centennial celebration is just a month away. I have been involved with the planning of the "School Tour" which with the permission of Father Kelly now includes the Church sacristy the narrow walkway behind the altar boys and girls room. As part of the tour the class graduation photos will be posted in the stairwells and hallway. Right now I have the class pictures from 1954 to the present. The principal, Mrs. Acosta, has report cards going way back.

Also, did you know that there was once a custodians apartment above the altar boys room. If anyone has any distinct or particular memory of the fallout shelter experience during the Cuban Missile crisis please share it. I may post a few of those stories outside the particular rooms used.Did you know they still have that big bazzar raffle barrel.

I need some permission and temporary donations from you for a "Tour Display". First please give me your permission to post your report card, and the years, ya never know there may be a year that you would not want anyone to see. Second, If anyone has any memorabilia that we could borrow it would be nice to display it along the tour route. For example I have a graduation program, a First Communion Certificate and Confirmation Certificate. My Mom just so happenned to save this stuff. There are probably many other things like Baptismal Certificates and autograph graduation Books. You can post your reply here or just email me at mc1v23@aol.com and I can then make a list of those who permit the posting of report cards and we can discuss how to send any memorabilia you may have. Thanks, the more we have the more interesting the tour and day will be. Have a good day and look forward to seeing everyone during the Centennial weekend. Thanks, in advance for your help. Love, Peace and Happiness, Matt Keenan
matt keenan

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:52 am

Matt, I have boxes of stuff, mostly projects, reports, notices, etc, as well as my autograph book and a medal from graduation. If you are interested in the more mundane stuff like homework assignments (I think I have a poster project also that was a map of the world from 1968) I will put a few together for you.
Marion Farrell Cronin

School tour

Postby Linda Hall » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:36 pm

Hello Matty,I too may have some thing's in a memory box that I have been saving for yrs.I will have to get it down and look.Matty as far as any of my report card's I would love to see some of them myself..I was simply an amazing student?I got A's in everything. I reached my brother Cliffy and he said,"go ahead".I have not been able to contact Andy or Stephen Jr.yet but I see not problem.Sounds like a lot of fun. I was wondering if anyone has a picture of when my eight grade friends were in the Christmas play?Benny do you,didn't you play St.Joseph in that? I myself was the angel that stood over the baby Jesus.O did I ever want to put my name back in that hat.I was so scared and the girl's and guy's were making me laugh so.We did get in trouble,remember? Cathy Lovell you were the top in our class as well as a good friend.I hope to see you soon.Liza Wagner you too.Noreen I so wish you were going to be there as I miss you so. Marianne you too! Heck all of my classmates were the best.Martin L.hope to see you also.We had a great class.Well talking about memories,pictures and a unique experience told by Matty, google - (tapstime.com)-called a Peace of war. A memory well worth sharing. You will not be disapointed.Matty it was great!!!Thanks for sharing your story with us...Well with that I wish you all the very best and again thanks for the memories.P.S.hello my pretty lol to ya,O by the way if your not aware of who that is yet it is our one and only pretty Claire. :D
Linda Hall

School

Postby Linda Hall » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi Marion,I hope you,Mike and the kids are doing good.Marion my mom saved everything.I also have the same things you do.She was great like that.She even has her elementary school memories along with her high school memories.O by the way Cathy said,she was unable to make the reunion,much to her regret.She graduated with honors.I,m sure your not surprised.If I recall her average was 98.She went to Bronx High School of Science,like her brother. She also mentioned Pat who is doing very well too.Well see you soon.lol Linda P.S.I remember that pin too.I think I even have both my gradution caps.Is that a riot.I can't wait to look.lol Linda
Linda Hall

Postby Marion Farrell Cronin » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Linda, can't wait to see some of your memorabilia. Maybe I am deluding myself that anyone would be at all interested in my old stuff, but it is what it is! Kind of like a time capsule of the 1960s.
'
Marion Farrell Cronin

Postby Les Sherwood » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:27 pm

Matt
Great idea!
For the class of 1955 my vote are: Margaret Williams, Ellen Hackett, Mary Ann Hallaroran ( Is it possible that I still have a crush on her?), Susan Tracey ( one of my favorites), etc, ( and I hate to admit it but the girls were a lot smarter at least in grammar school, and I know we had one of the best classes of good looking women)); and for the men/boys side: Martin Gavin (our resident genius who went on to Regis), Paul Philpin, Dennis O'toole, Stephen Meara, etc.
You are welcome to my report cards ( average and subpar) and any other info about me.
Matt I hope you are at meeting on Sunday to share some of what you have.
All the best
Les Sherwood, 1955.
Les Sherwood

Postby benny » Sun May 04, 2008 9:09 am

Sorry Linda, I don't have anything from back then. My family wasn't into taking pictures too much. About the play, Don't think I played St. Joe. If I remember correctly I was on the side steps in the chorus. Re: report cards, you can put up mine if you want. I don't remember failing anything (except maybe penmanship(
benny

Tour of School & Church

Postby Don D » Sun May 04, 2008 1:19 pm

Matty - you can post mine, I'm sure I had very average grades (probably lots of 70's & 80's) at St.Anthony's.

Don Diehl
Class of '67
Don D

Tour of School & Church

Postby Don D » Sun May 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Matty - you can post mine, I'm sure I had very average grades (probably lots of 70's & 80's) at St.Anthony's.

Don Diehl
Class of '67
Don D

Return to Stratton Park