Pristine snow and Doggie play in 102 park

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Pristine snow and Doggie play in 102 park

Postby Eddie Acunzo » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:22 pm

When I was a kid I had a mutt named Tippy that loved to play catch. After a fresh snowfall when the surface of the snow was pristine, without any footprints on it yet, I used to love to take that mutt into the softball field in 102 park, and if the snowfall was "good packing" (remember that expression?), I'd make beautiful snowballs and throw them as far as I could in the field, and it used to blow Tippy's mind that when he got to where he knew he saw that snowball drop in the snow, it would be gone! I can still see him racing back to me, his body as black as the winter darkness that surrounded us, and his head would dip into the snow with an open mouth to scoop up some refreshment without missing a step while we got ready for the next throw, or maybe switch the game to tag or snow wrestling. I don't know who loved these winter games more, him or me. The later at night, the better! When we were done that pristine snow would be covered with our footprints. Did anyone else have a similar routine with their dog?
Eddie Acunzo

Postby Lydia58 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:07 pm

We lived on the top floor of 1532 Leland Ave. Since we were the senior tenant, that meant the roof was ours. We used to take of poodle Fifi up to the roof & let her run around in the snow. I know now that doesn't sound too safe, but we weren't that into safety back then, were we? She was an old dog, but whenever she got near new-fallen snow, she became a puppy again.
Lydia Beatty-Cottiers
Lydia58

Return to Stratton Park